US Strike Kills Top Iranian Terror Mastermind Qassem Soleimani

This guy wasn’t killed because of past bad acts. He was killed because he was travelling around planning another attack. He was a target of opportunity. I have no problem with this. Actually, I don’t have a problem with him being executed for past bad acts. But then I’ve never been a hand wringer over criminals getting killed.

As far as letting Congress in on this; Trump couldn’t. There are people in congress that would have called this murderer and warned him.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well from what I've read this guy makes Hitler look like a choir boy. He needed killin'. 

Its been said that he was in the process of setting up several attacks and that's the reason he was killed. My question is did they get him soon enough or are his plans already in motion and he isn't needed anymore?  :confused:

I've also seen some social media posts from ex-Iranian citizens who say that they're happier he's dead than we are. Seems he was the most feared terrorist in his own country. 

Oh well, Iran will pitch a fit, makes threats and shake their fists. But, I do believe they will think long and hard before trying any retaliation. If they do try something, you can bet that Donald will have our boys knock 'em on their butts again.  :stick:

17 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Its been said that he was in the process of setting up several attacks and that's the reason he was killed. My question is did they get him soon enough or are his plans already in motion and he isn't needed anymore?  :confused:

I don’t think anyone here knows. I think that’s why Trump is letting them know we will take them out of the oil business if they pursue any further action.

Edited by DaveTN
  • Administrator
On 1/4/2020 at 4:33 PM, Morgan88 said:

I am thinking they will respond.      If it's on US soil, I'll know things are different?

Morgan88

I think if they do it on American soil, Trump is going to make our response to Pearl Harbor look like a dry-run.

• Like 2

I think if they do try something it will be engaging a large warship like a carrier coming through the strait with a ballistic missile attack at which time every military target in the whole country are destroyed with Tomahawks an B-2 bombers. Make it where they can't wage war for the next 50 years.

Bill

• Administrator
2 hours ago, BCR#1 said:

I think if they do try something it will be engaging a large warship like a carrier coming through the strait with a ballistic missile attack at which time every military target in the whole country are destroyed with Tomahawks an B-2 bombers. Make it where they can't wage war for the next 50 years.

Bill

You left a zero off of that number.

• Like 2
On 1/4/2020 at 9:44 AM, DaveTN said:

This guy wasn’t killed because of past bad acts. He was killed because he was travelling around planning another attack. He was a target of opportunity. I have no problem with this. Actually, I don’t have a problem with him being executed for past bad acts. But then I’ve never been a hand wringer over criminals getting killed.

As far as letting Congress in on this; Trump couldn’t. There are people in congress that would have called this murderer and warned him.

Brother Dave has spoken a great truth... Be glad this monster is dead... This should serve as a warning to others who would raise their arms against us, or kill Americans... Good Riddance.

We had all of about a day and a half where President Trump walked and talked the "big stick" ideology that America has made so effective when we stick to it.  And for that sliver of time, I was proud of our Commander-in Chief.  Now we're back to threats on Twitter, him having to have the last word because of his thin skin, and who knows what else is coming.  It's embarrassing.

Oh well, it was nice for a day at least.  And Soleimani is still dead, so that's always something to look fondly on.

29 minutes ago, btq96r said:

We had all of about a day and a half where President Trump walked and talked the "big stick" ideology that America has made so effective when we stick to it.  And for that sliver of time, I was proud of our Commander-in Chief.  Now we're back to threats on Twitter, him having to have the last word because of his thin skin, and who knows what else is coming.  It's embarrassing.

Oh well, it was nice for a day at least.  And Soleimani is still dead, so that's always something to look fondly on.

I disagree. I think that he's reaffirming that he isn't afraid to strike AND pointing out that this has been thought through by referencing the 52 targets for the number of hostages that the peanut farmer let them take.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

I disagree. I think that he's reaffirming that he isn't afraid to strike AND pointing out that this has been thought through by referencing the 52 targets for the number of hostages that the peanut farmer let them take.

Smoking a guy his last two predecessors thought too risky to take out says all he needed to and removed any doubt that he is willing to strike.  No reaffirmation needed after that.

The 52 targets isn't a sign of higher thought in my mind, it's pretty childish.  I also wonder if it represents a real target deck or something he made up (his showman persona comes through often).

I'm sure war is the last thing anyone here wants. However, these two bit dictators in 3rd world cesspools need to learn that we ain't gonna take any of their crap. If they hurt or even try to hurt American citizens anywhere in the world, We will pay it back in spades. Or at least we should. 

• Like 1