US Strike Kills Top Iranian Terror Mastermind Qassem Soleimani

1 minute ago, DaveTN said:

And I double down on my disagreement of your disagreement. ;) As a nation, they might be a little careful what they do….maybe….kinda, nah disregard that; they don’t care even a little bit.

Terrorists and mass shooters fear nothing. They don’t fear Trump, they know they are going to die. It’s just a matter of where and when. They will continue to try to kill us; they will try to make it appear the Country of Iran is not behind the attacks, as to confuse our targets.

If its true that Trump made the comment, he will take them out of the oil business; they might be a little concerned about that. They do need that money. Especially since they don’t have any democrats shipping them airplanes full of cash.

They want to stay in power, so they will be careful to not get into a direct war with the US.  They will still train and arm proxies, of that you can be sure but no direct action.  The populace is getting mighty tired of shortages and the government, so it will not take much to have their "Arab Spring" moment, TPTB know this and will walk that fine line.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

And I double down on my disagreement of your disagreement. ;) As a nation, they might be a little careful what they do….maybe….kinda, nah disregard that; they don’t care even a little bit.

Terrorists and mass shooters fear nothing. They don’t fear Trump, they know they are going to die. It’s just a matter of where and when. They will continue to try to kill us; they will try to make it appear the Country of Iran is not behind the attacks, as to confuse our targets.

If its true that Trump made the comment, he will take them out of the oil business; they might be a little concerned about that. They do need that money. Especially since they don’t have any democrats shipping them airplanes full of cash.

I disagree with your disagreement to....well, you know.

As the saying goes, power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. They are trying to hang onto power and can only accomplish that with the illegal sale of their oil. Take out their oil and that regime is totally screwed. You have to pay people to support your corruption, don't you know. :)

A quick read on how Soleimani let a perfect mix of complacency and ego push operational security to the wayside when it came to his travels.

https://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2020/01/qods-force-commander-soleimanis-carelessness-put-him-in-the-u-s-militarys-crosshairs.php

The whole site is great to read if you care about the nuances of what we're doing in the Middle East.  It's been bookmarked on my browser since my old boss discovered it in 2007 (we used it before and while in Iraq).

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Omega said:

The rockets probably didn't have any warheads in them, they just did not cause enough damage to of had any significant amount of payload.  They also did not hit anything of tactical value, and they warned enough people to make sure we got the word before the strike; so this was a feint the whole way.

Spot on. I will have to say where they landed seems to show pin point placing.....

https://www.space.com/iran-missile-attack-satellite-photos.html

Edited by Fourtyfive
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, btq96r said:

A quick read on how Soleimani let a perfect mix of complacency and ego push operational security to the wayside when it came to his travels.

https://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2020/01/qods-force-commander-soleimanis-carelessness-put-him-in-the-u-s-militarys-crosshairs.php

The whole site is great to read if you care about the nuances of what we're doing in the Middle East.  It's been bookmarked on my browser since my old boss discovered it in 2007 (we used it before and while in Iraq).

That’s been a great resource for years. 

I wonder who will side with Iran. Will Russia say anything? I am concerned if this will cause more groups in Saudi Arabia to do more stupid #### such as the attack on the airforce base. We keep focusing in Iran as the "only" threat in in the area and ignoring everyone else. Saudi Arabia needs to be watched as well.

7 hours ago, RC3 said:

I wonder who will side with Iran. Will Russia say anything? I am concerned if this will cause more groups in Saudi Arabia to do more stupid #### such as the attack on the airforce base. We keep focusing in Iran as the "only" threat in in the area and ignoring everyone else. Saudi Arabia needs to be watched as well.

Russians say anything?  Nope.  Sell Iran even more weapons? Yep. 

37 minutes ago, peejman said:

Russians say anything?  Nope.  Sell Iran even more weapons? Yep. 

The Russians probably have a way to go to catch up with the amount of military aircraft the U.S. has sold them.

But the Iranians do a pretty good job of manufacturing weapons. They built the two types of ballistic missiles that were used in the attack.

Iran doesnt surprise me at all, because snakes, well, snakes usually act like snakes.  What DOES surprise me is some of the reactions in our media and congress, even on the republican side. Those very public disagreements on both sides of the aisle, but particularly the Republican side, give ammo to our enemies, and Iran is certainly our enemy.  Again, its like its ok to kill us thru proxies, but let us kill one of them and its suddenly wrong...

• Like 1
6 hours ago, DaveTN said:

The Russians probably have a way to go to catch up with the amount of military aircraft the U.S. has sold them.

But the Iranians do a pretty good job of manufacturing weapons. They built the two types of ballistic missiles that were used in the attack.

True.  They manufacture Russian designed weapons on Russian made equipment, bought with money we gave them. Yay us. 

Edited by peejman
1 minute ago, Grunt67 said:

There is literally no one that's not walking around without a phone glued to their hand at any point in time. Just saying

Yes, but they aren't pointing it at the night sky hoping that they'll catch something on video. 

Having had an A-6 Intruder blow up over my head from a foreign object destruct, it's a heck of a lot more violent than that video portrays for a considerably larger plane.

54 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

Sorry, but I question someone randomly videoing the sky in the middle of the night 4 hours after the missile attack and just happens to catch the moment when the plane blows. :dunno:

The fireball caught his eye, then he started recording.  I may agree if he had caught the missile strike, but there are countless youtubes where something was caught at just the right time so even then I might give it a pass. 

2 hours ago, E4 No More said:

Yes, but they aren't pointing it at the night sky hoping that they'll catch something on video. 

Having had an A-6 Intruder blow up over my head from a foreign object destruct, it's a heck of a lot more violent than that video portrays for a considerably larger plane.

That airliner is probably 6-8 miles away when it blows.  And there's nothing to say it's engines exploded.  It could have been just fire due to the fuel tanks being blown apart as the wings disintegrated.