How long to mail carry permit

I applied for a handgun carry permit which was approved on Dec 5.  The TN e-services web site indicated that it should be mailed out in 10 business days.  I still hadn't received it by Dec 21, so I checked back on the web site and they had changed it to read that I should receive it between Dec 19 and Dec 30.  Still haven't received it.

What is the normal time frame for them to be mailed out?

7 hours ago, JN01 said:

I also wondered if, because the law changed Jan 1, they changed the design of the permit and were waiting to issue the new design rather than send out the old one.

They changed the design? I know they added a new permit, but it won’t effect you if you are getting an enhanced permit.

21 hours ago, DaveTN said:

They changed the design? I know they added a new permit, but it won’t effect you if you are getting an enhanced permit.

I don't know if they changed the design, I was wondering if they had (to add the Enhanced permit wording, for example) which might account for a longer delay in sending them out.

I should be accustomed to waiting as my last two Ohio carry permit renewals didn't go that well.  By law, the Sheriff's office is supposed to mail your renewal out to you within 45 days.  The county I renewed in decided that should be 45 business days (not what the law says) so I didn't get mine for two months.  The next renewal (in a different county) again went over 60 days, my thought was that they were misinterpreting the same provision of the law.  After another week, I called the Sheriff's office and was told they mailed it out the day after my application, but since I never received it they would print out another and I could pick it up that day.

Got to love government efficiency.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got my permit.  After the Dept of Safety and Homeland Security mailed it to me on Dec 10th, USPS, rather than delivering it to me, returned it to DSHS- after SIX WEEKS!  DSHS re-mailed it to me as soon as they received it.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, JN01 said:

Finally got my permit.  After the Dept of Safety and Homeland Security mailed it to me on Dec 10th, USPS, rather than delivering it to me, returned it to DSHS- after SIX WEEKS!  DSHS re-mailed it to me as soon as they received it.

Well within the 90 days the state has to issue.  :lol:

On 1/29/2020 at 5:44 PM, JN01 said:

Hi JN01, short story from about 12 years ago, I had a commercial DL for years and every 4 years had to renew with fingerprints and photo and had to be checked by DHS. Well they usually have it mailed back in 30 days, but 1 time 90 days and no mail so I contacted the drivers license folks and she said "they lost your fingerprints". So I had to go back and be re fingerprinted and I asked them how that happened, duh we don't know. I said that is real nice my fingerprints are floating around the net somewhere. Incompetence and complacency with CAPITAL letters!! Most of these gov't workers know they can't get fired and really don't care.

On 1/29/2020 at 5:44 PM, JN01 said:

USPS is notorious for circling the globe before it hits your box. I had one that kept leaving Denver, going back over & over. They couldn't give an explanation. Go figure.....