New to Tri-cities

Good afternoon, y'all! I recently moved to Kingsport, from South Georgia. I am looking for a decent rifle range to go, but I haven't found any place so far. cherokeerodandgunclub looks like a great place, but I'm not sure if I want to get a membership just yet. I was hoping y'all could point me towards one that charged by the day.

Before I moved, I traded a Sig Sauer MCX for an IWI x95 Tavor. I am almost done converting it to left handed use (left eye dominant) and am eager to try it out!

The 3 largest and best shooting places are probably Unaka Rod & Gun Club, Cherokee, and Kettlefoot.

I don't know of much of anywhere that has a good place to shoot that doesn't have memberships.

As for pay as you go indoor shooting there's Barnett's Guns in Hampton, Gun Rack in Kingsport. I believe shooters Edge in Piney Flats has closed.

There's also a free outdoor place to shoot in the National Forest off of 421 between Bristol and Mountain city. It's on the Bristol side of the mountain. However I wouldn't shoot there without a friendly armed cohort. It's called Jacobs Creek Range.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/cherokee/recarea/?recid=34926

I'm a member at Kettlefoot.

https://kettlefootgunclub.org/

Welcome to NE TN and TGO.

I haven't been over for a while but this is where I go when I want longer distances than my backyard range. If you can manage to go during the week it is usually not crowded. I have heard on weekends it can be hard to get a lane. Never had any problems everyone I have ran into have acted in a safe manner and had no problem when you called for a ceasefire to go down range. It cost $2/car a $1 if you have a Senior National Park card. It is off TN 107 on Scioto Road.

Scioto Range
Outdoor Pistol (25 Yards), Outdoor Rifle (150 Yards)
TN 107 (Scioto Road), Unicoi TN 37692
(423) 735-1500
https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/cherokee/recarea/?recid=34980

Welcome

I am a fairly new member at Unaka. It is a nice range and moderately priced.

Shooters Edge did close a while back.The other 2 indoor are rather limiting as to their rules and setup as I hear.  Have neber been.

I have been to the National Forest range. Not a bad place, but all depends on who else is there. Much less structured since it is basically treated like a free public range by a lot of people.

Welcome to the Hill Country. Don't overlook Wilderness Road Shooting and Conservation Club, located just across the state line in Scott County, VA on the Holston River. Offers trap, skeet & has rifle and pistol ranges. Also big into archery with a nice 3D roving range.

Send me your email or phone info in a private message and I'll arrange a guided tour for you.

Back when I was looking for a possible home in that neck of the woods, I stumbled onto this place. It only has like 4 tables but no one was ever there when I stopped in. Its a $2.00 honor box a day.  Its called Pond Mountain Shooting Range just past Elizabethton along Watuaga lake. Bring some grub and picknick the lake shore across the road.

• Like 1