Effects on the Police on the left coast

Erich

My sympathies to the brave men and women of law enforcement. Not only do they already have a difficult enough job, but it would appear in certain areas they have been tasked to take additional and unnecessary risks. Watching this video of a crazy with a machete....well....I dont know. Seems they may have to factor things due to social pressure and appearances over appropriate force and their personal safety. Forced to allow something to escalate to a point where the general public is at risk from not stopping it earlier.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/machete-attack-police-hollywood-173958387.html

I saw a video the other night of a store owner in San Francisco; it was crazy. He said the city decriminalized minor theft and he is constantly fighting with shoplifters; the cops can’t do anything, they are overwhelmed. He can’t sell his store and move because due to what the city has done’ no one will buy it.

What is going on in California, especially San Francisco can’t continue. At some point the criminals will be climbing over the fences at the gated communities. The liberals don’t seem to understand that criminals will kill them and eat them.

And it’s not just CA, States Attorney Kim Foxx and Mayor Lori Lightfoot won’t prosecute violent minority offenders in Chicago because they say the cops are prejudice against them. Absolutely the cops are prejudice against violent offenders; but it has nothing to do with race.

Edited by DaveTN
22 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Absolutely the cops are prejudice against violent offenders; but it has nothing to do with race.

No doubt that is the sad part, between the media and certain groups trying to generalize a few bad eggs to all police. No different from the group of gun owners being made out as a bunch of cooks just one bad hair day from becoming mass murders.

6 hours ago, DaveTN said:

I saw a video the other night of a store owner in San Francisco; it was crazy. He said the city decriminalized minor theft and he is constantly fighting with shoplifters; the cops can’t do anything, they are overwhelmed. He can’t sell his store and move because due to what the city has done’ no one will buy it.

What is going on in California, especially San Francisco can’t continue. At some point the criminals will be climbing over the fences at the gated communities. The liberals don’t seem to understand that criminals will kill them and eat them.

And it’s not just CA, States Attorney Kim Foxx and Mayor Lori Lightfoot won’t prosecute violent minority offenders in Chicago because they say the cops are prejudice against them. Absolutely the cops are prejudice against violent offenders; but it has nothing to do with race.

It's like we've seen this happen with some other law..now what is it....let me see....oh yeah, illegal immigration! These are not victimless crimes and need to prosecuted. If not, it's just going to get worse and worse, like illegal immigration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

California has the greatest out of state migrants (citizens leaving the state)  in the US.  This is some of the reasons why. 

What they have done is allowed street vagrants(homeless people) and others(mentally ill), to which the big cities are full of, to steal without fear of consequences . NYC is in the process of doing this also. Mayor Deblageio was on TV, the other day, and said they were decimalizing several crimes in NY City.  

I seen this in Wash  D C one morning. A heugh guy (mental problems) came in a store, got a large cup of coffee, and simply walked out the door. I ask the clerk didn't yo see that guy steal that coffee, why didn't the do something? He said  don't want to get hit in the mouth.  Said the guy does this 2 to 3 times a day and sometimes gets him something to eat.  Said the owner considers it a cost of doing business in that area of D C. I paid for my cup of coffee and left in total amazement. 

Really sad world we are living in today. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, pop pop said:

Said the owner considers it a cost of doing business in that area of D C. I paid for my cup of coffee and left in total amazement. 

After being told they consider it a cost of doing business, I'd asked the guy, "you gonna stop me if I walk out without paying for my coffee too?".     

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Trekbike said:

After being told they consider it a cost of doing business, I'd asked the guy, "you gonna stop me if I walk out without paying for my coffee too?".     

I'd probably crack him in the head with a club or something and swear I didn't know what happened to him.

This will be coming to Nashville, and other big cities in TN, the way our leaders(I use leaders very loosely) are going.  Thankful they got rid of Briley in the "Vill".

Who knows, as bad as the prison system is in private hands, in TN, they will probably outsources the Police next.  

Atlanta just enacted a no chase policy, for fleeing criminals, in that city. I know that city will be a lot safer now, and you right, the reported crime will decrease for sure. Bill O riley once said, " A white male puts his future in jeopardy, when going to Atlanta, because there is no justice for white males in Atlanta any longer."  I make it a point to not hang out there. 

Edited by pop pop
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, GlockSpock said:

Decriminalizing minor theft. 

That’s honestly the first I’ve heard of this. Brilliant idea, everyone!

I can beat that, though. 

THERE WILL BE A 0% CRIME RATE IF WE DECRIMINALIZE EVERYTHING.

This will end well, I’d say. 

At some point, we'd probably reach stasis. People would become polite and respectful if there were unknown, potentially severe, consequences for acting otherwise. Of course, some folks would need to be reminded (or taught) from time to time.

56 minutes ago, TomInMN said:

At some point, we'd probably reach stasis. People would become polite and respectful if there were unknown, potentially severe, consequences for acting otherwise. Of course, some folks would need to be reminded (or taught) from time to time.

It'll be like living on the frontier in the 1870's. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I wanted to go to San Francisco for about a decade. Then after hearing how much its changed from a decade or so ago I decided it's not worth it. Pride parades, open displays of homosexuality, blatant public drug use I can tolerate but the depths at which they sunk morally have surpassed my want to visit what I once considered to be a beautiful city. Make no mistake public officials are to blame for preaching we are a sanctuary and we are diverse to the point they were inundated with trash from all over the country looking for a free handout. 

On 1/10/2020 at 3:32 PM, DaveTN said:

He said the city decriminalized minor theft

Through the Firearm Blog and Ammoland, I've been aware, not only did they decriminalized minor theft, the shifted some felony level activity down to misdemeanors.

It's a good deal for the law breaking, illegal immigrant community. 

The CA guv is also adding $1.4 Bil to the budget to combat the homeless problem as well.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, pop pop said:

Atlanta just enacted a no chase policy, for fleeing criminals,

Nashville has the same policy, not very well known. I ran across an off duty officer a while back. He told me about it, Car chases, he told me, puts in others in to much danger. He did tell me that a tag number is recorded before the chase is broken off. In our sue happy world I can see why.

https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/criminal-defense/crime-penalties/petty-theft-california-penalties-defense

Petty Theft

California law defines petty theft as the theft of any property with a value of $950 or less. Most petty thefts are charged as misdemeanors. Petty theft is a misdemeanor if the theft is a result of the shoplifting offense and the offender has no prior criminal record, or if the value of the stolen property is $950 or less. A misdemeanor conviction for petty theft in California carries a sentence of up to six months in county jail, a fine of no more than $1,000, or both. (Cal. Pen. Code, § 490.) However, if the property has a value of $50 or less, the prosecutor can charge the offense as an infraction, so long as the offender has had no other theft-related conviction. Petty theft charged as an infraction is punishable by a fine of no more than $250.

A thief is a thief no matter the value, If jay walking carried the death penalty there would be 0 crime.

Edited by RED333
Because I can