One1

AR15 for dummies?

6 minutes ago, Pickaroon said:

Red dots are great but you see a starburst if you have astigmatism.

Truth, but the Sig Romeo 5 previously mentioned is excellent if you have astigmatism.  I do, and see a fairly crisp dot with the Romeo.

4 minutes ago, One1 said:

What screws ammo prices online is shipping. 

Used to be that shipping costs offset the sales tax paid buying locally.  That is no longer the case.  However, online shopping in quantity is often still of the best option from a price and selection standpoint.  Check out the offerings from SGAMMO.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Used to be that shipping costs offset the sales tax paid buying locally.  That is no longer the case.  However, online shopping in quantity is often still of the best option from a price and selection standpoint.  Check out the offerings from SGAMMO.

That's who I order my ammo from if I buy online. They have good prices I think.

Most places ship free if you buy 1000 round bulks packs or spend over a certain amount.

• Like 2

On 1/10/2020 at 6:46 PM, One1 said:

Na, I have thousands of pictures established on a good host. No need to upload elsewhere and change it all over. I have 2 sights I've looked at by recommendation but no idea which is better. 

Screenshot-20200110-194004-Samsung-Inter Screenshot-20200110-194113-Samsung-Inter

I'm sure a lot of folks will try to talk you up to a better sight and, at some point, you'll probably want to upgrade.

However.... I have that little Fieldsport red dot on my dedicated hog/HD shotgun. It's never had anything but slugs & heavy buckshot loads through it & I must say, the sight has held up FAR beyond my expectations! It's still functionally perfect after several hundred, HARD recoiling rounds.

The dot isn't perfectly crisp & it's far too large for any sort of precision (4 or 6 moa, I believe) but inside of 100yds, or for CQB plate smacking, it's great!

Edited by robtattoo
Speeling went to shot......
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, One1 said:

What screws ammo prices online is shipping.

Guess I need to go to Academy... 

23 minutes ago, hughd said:

Guess I need to go to Academy... 

If you’re watching the sales you do. Federal black pack 9mm goes from $60 to $40 (250 rnds). Fiocchi 9mm goes from $9.99 to $7.99 (50 rnds). Remington bucket o bullets 22  goes from $80 to $50 (1400 rnds) and so on...... nothing online is close when they have a sale and it's around the corner a few miles away. Think about it at 2pm and be shooting by 3pm, not in a week. All brass. 

Edited by One1

9 minutes ago, One1 said:

If you’re watching the sales you do. Federal black pack 9mm goes from $60 to $40 (250 rnds). Fiocchi 9mm goes from $9.99 to $7.99 (50 rnds). Remington bucket o bullets 22  goes from $80 to $50 (1400 rnds) and so on...... nothing online is close when they have a sale and it's around the corner a few miles away. Think about it at 2pm and be shooting by 3pm, not in a week. All brass. 

Don’t mistake holiday sales and factory rebates for the norm.  We currently have the lowest ammo prices in a decade but that might very well change by the end of the year.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Garufa said:

Don’t mistake holiday sales and factory rebates for the norm.  We currently have the lowest ammo prices in a decade but that might very well change by the end of the year.  

I totally agree.

I, like many other TGO members, purchase from SGAmmo and subscribe to their newsletter. In the most recent newsletter they mention the fact that ammo, especially bulk purchase, is at a 13 year low. But they also mention that several companies will be increasing their pricing this year, and of course they mention the unpredictability of an election year and the equally unpredictable response of the public.

The majority of us only too well remember the wild swings and shortages of the past 15 years. 🙄

It's definitely a buyers market right now. How long that lasts is anyone's guess, but this year and the next should prove interesting.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, xsubsailor said:

Maybe this will help with the lube job.

ar-15-lube-points-Copy.jpg

ar-15-lube-points-2-Copy.jpg

ar-15-lube-points-3.jpg

Great graphic, thanks for posting

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jamie Jackson said:

I totally agree.

I, like many other TGO members, purchase from SGAmmo and subscribe to their newsletter. In the most recent newsletter they mention the fact that ammo, especially bulk purchase, is at a 13 year low. But they also mention that several companies will be increasing their pricing this year, and of course they mention the unpredictability of an election year and the equally unpredictable response of the public.

The majority of us only too well remember the wild swings and shortages of the past 15 years. 🙄

It's definitely a buyers market right now. How long that lasts is anyone's guess, but this year and the next should prove interesting.

Prices seem to be creeping up again @ SGA & Ammoman. 

I use Ammoseek.com. Not only can you compare prices, but they rate shipping costs as well. ;)

• Like 1

I got to shoot my AR yesterday and the biggest thing that stood out to me was how solid the trigger was. It has absolutely zero movement or play and goes “click, boom” instantly when i pull it. When I heard that these have gritty rattly triggers in them I couldn’t understand why they say that, then I remembered the guy that I got my AR from is a gunsmith. I don’t know what he did, but this is the best trigger I’ve shot in anything. I’m now starting to wonder what else he has done to it because I haven’t experienced any of the complaints people say are the difference between the PSA and some that cost more. I’ll probably find out a lot more about it as time goes. It’s got Magpul furniture, but not the stuff that comes with the PSA Magpul. I think the trade got a little better after finding things he has done, because apparently this is not a stock trigger. 

7 hours ago, One1 said:

I figured out its a BCM PNT.

92886-B2-B-1-FBC-44-E2-80-B4-E265-F8-FF3

9-A53-A065-3303-42-C1-88-C5-E7-FF43-FA34

C8-AD3030-8-EF2-4245-BB48-976-CD51-EB91-

DE4-E72-E1-5-FCE-43-EC-9284-D83-C791-B00

The BCM PNT along with the ALG trigger are two of the best milspec style trigger out there. They are a worthwhile addition if one doesn’t want to get super fancy with the trigger. 

• Like 1