OK, Where are the bigest Gun Shows?

Checking the show lists for number of tables leads me to believe 500 tables is about the biggest you will find within a days drive from middle/east TN?  Iv been to Lebanon, Chilhowie and the other Knoxville show. Also the Shriners down in Chatt. Am I spoiled from the 1000 and 750 8' table shows up in PA or what. I was most fond of the Allentown PA show with the huge amount of antiques if nothing but to stare at and the tables full of all sorts of gun parts. Its a collectors show with a couple tables of just spencer carbines from one guy in collector to shooter grade. Lots n lots of WWII stuff, tables full of original swords and not shy on meat on the table guns. The 1000 table show in Harrisburg PA is more high end stuff but still 2 hours if you do a real fast glance around. I was really hoping to find these sort of shows down here that would make a good all day trip but so far..... there ok but nothing to get to excited about by comparison.  Now I know some of the best deals may be found at small shows occasionally  but sometimes you just want to drown in eye candy! So any big show favorites worth mentioning?

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

I'm hoping to make it to Tulsa before it's done away with. 

I bet the ATM there catches on fire from over use...

I hate to tease myself that way. So much I can't have. Kinda like watching Olympic Women's beach volleyball.....

• Like 1

The Alabama Show in Birmingham.  I think they have it twice a year.  My son and I went a couple of years ago........took us all day to make our way through the entire show.   Lots and lots of collectors’ exhibits plus lots and lots of for sale new and old.  I plan to go again this year.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Wdodd said:

The Alabama Show in Birmingham.  I think they have it twice a year.  My son and I went a couple of years ago........took us all day to make our way through the entire show.   Lots and lots of collectors’ exhibits plus lots and lots of for sale new and old.  I plan to go again this year.

The AGCA shows have moved to Hoover Al. Bigger, better and safer. Free parking too.

Bill

Just a tip for anyone intending to attend Tulsa or Louisville Shows.

They usually have an early pass to get in on the setup days, Tulsa called them Phantom Tables, don't recall what LV called theirs. Well worth the extra $$.

Also consider staying for all the days of the show as 1 day simply isn't enough.

There was a person who calculated that if one walked the entire Tulsa show they would have about 15 seconds to view every table.

BTW: The Tulsa Drillers Expo is about 12 Acres under one roof.

Like I said, just a few tips from one who's spent a lot of time at both shows.

Wear Comfortable Shoes!!  Tulsa Expo has the hardest concrete in the world.

Edited by AuEagle
Add Info
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 1/10/2020 at 4:31 PM, xtriggerman said:

Checking the show lists for number of tables leads me to believe 500 tables is about the biggest you will find within a days drive from middle/east TN?  Iv been to Lebanon, Chilhowie and the other Knoxville show. Also the Shriners down in Chatt. Am I spoiled from the 1000 and 750 8' table shows up in PA or what. I was most fond of the Allentown PA show with the huge amount of antiques if nothing but to stare at and the tables full of all sorts of gun parts. Its a collectors show with a couple tables of just spencer carbines from one guy in collector to shooter grade. Lots n lots of WWII stuff, tables full of original swords and not shy on meat on the table guns. The 1000 table show in Harrisburg PA is more high end stuff but still 2 hours if you do a real fast glance around. I was really hoping to find these sort of shows down here that would make a good all day trip but so far..... there ok but nothing to get to excited about by comparison.  Now I know some of the best deals may be found at small shows occasionally  but sometimes you just want to drown in eye candy! So any big show favorites worth mentioning?

I’ve been to some of the PA shows they are massive.  I lived in AZ for years and their shows are equally as large.   The biggest I’ve been to in TN was Knoxville.  Murfreesboro and Lebanon are about 150 tables.  

On 1/10/2020 at 6:57 PM, Wdodd said:

To add to what W said..

This is " The Place " for the shotgun lover... Lotsa fantastic scatterguns from utilitarian to fantastic... Highly recommended... I cant go down there much... Shotguns are a weakness for me, and now im too old ta use em... Sigh...

leroy...