S&W M&P .40 caliber converting to .357 Sig. question

A friend has a M&P in .40 and wants to buy a barrel in .357 Sig. and convert. His question is there are "conversion" barrels and regular O.E. barrels. He asked me at work last night and wanted to know if a regular original replacement barrel would work or if he would have to have a conversion barrel. I don't know. Thanks for any help.

7 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

A friend has a M&P in .40 and wants to buy a barrel in .357 Sig. and convert. His question is there are "conversion" barrels and regular O.E. barrels. He asked me at work last night and wanted to know if a regular original replacement barrel would work or if he would have to have a conversion barrel. I don't know. Thanks for any help.

1 minute ago, DaveTN said:

Just drop a .357Sig barrel in, everything else is the same.

Beat me in. lol Did that with a couple of Glocks. Makes for a fun range session.

18 minutes ago, hipower said:

Yeah, So I just go and sell mine.😕

I read on the World Wide Web they are giving 40S&W’s away for free because no one wants them. Maybe one of those 40 guys will give you a gun. Then all you have to do is buy a new barrel. 🙃

• Like 1
1 hour ago, billyblazes said:

For my Glocks I have conversion barrels allowing me to shoot 9mm ammo from the .40 G22 and G23.  I'm told that with the .40 M&P I can just put in the stock 9mm M&P barrel and it will function just fine with 9mm rounds.  Is that correct?

Yes, what are you going to do, shoot Carpenter Bees?

Just kidding…just kidding….just kidding. 🙃

• Like 1