Do any of ya'll use a Vortex Viper or Venom on your Glock

leroy

Once again i am experiencing a mania kinda like J. THADDEUS TOAD in " The Wind and the Willows "... I'm thinkin about a long slide conversion for one of my Glock 20's... A six inch slide model... Im kinda thinkin about a red dot type sight addition, but bein a cheap skate, i aint gonna spring for a $500 + Trijicon or Aimpoint; so the Vortex is the top of my line...  Please let me know about your Vortex experiences... I need ta decide whether to mill the slide or just add my favorite irons...

Thanks in advance...

leroy... AKA " Uncle Scrooge McDuck"...

Edited by leroy
Spelling

I don’t have it on a Glock but I’m running a viper currently and have had no problems with mine. Once I figured out the red dot I shot one of my best groups I have ever shot with a pistol. I think if I ever have problems with the viper I may give the venom a try. I like the fact the battery mounts in the top instead of the bottom. So that in its self seems like a good benefit so you don’t have to remove the optic to change the battery. Also in the price range of the vortex optics check out holosun. Several places have been running them onsale. Palmetto has the 507c for I believe $229 right now and I have heard good things about them. 

69F46159-40A9-4B80-863A-664AB2319B75.jpeg

Edited by Boostnu
  • Like 1

Hi Leroy,

I can't tell you about a Glock, but I've got the Vortex Venom 3MOA installed on my M1 Garand. The Viper is a little less expensive, but I like the fact you can change the battery of the Venom without removing the sight. As for performance, I love it.

Ed

M1 with Viper.jpg

• Like 1

I have a Venom on an M&P. Two factors made me pick the Venom over the Viper.

1. I wanted a 3MOA, the Viper only comes in 6, that’s too big (for my application).

2. The battery can be changed in the Venom without removing the sight and losing zero; on the Viper it can’t.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Not on a Glock, but I recently put a Venom  3 MOA on a S&W Victory and am very pleased.

I also am seriously cheap but when Palmetto State started selling them for $179.99 with free shipping I couldn’t resist.

This is me Brother..!  I completely understand...

Thanks to " All Ya'll " for sharing your thoughts...

leroy...

47 minutes ago, RedlegEd said:

Hi Leroy,

I can't tell you about a Glock, but I've got the Vortex Venom 3MOA installed on my M1 Garand. The Viper is a little less expensive, but I like the fact you can change the battery of the Venom without removing the sight. As for performance, I love it.

Ed

M1 with Viper.jpg

I like this Red..!  A " real test "... 

leroy...

I also have a Venom on my Canik like the one above.   As far as zero, it's been good.  

I did go through a couple batteries in about a month at first.  Not sure if it was turning off like it was supposed to, but I'm on the 3rd battery and it's been OK so far.  

As a pistol optic I'm not a huge fan of it.  The window is rather squashed down and I like to have a little more field of view than it offers. 

Now that they have things like the shake-awake solar Holosun, I wouldn't buy another Venom unless it was dirt cheap, and then use it only on a competition pistol, or a rifle.   If you intend to use it for self-defense on a pistol, you definitely want something always-on like the RMR or at least shake-awake like other models offer.

• Like 1

I have a Venom on one of my G34s. It is a great optic, I went with it over the Viper as per the above comments regarding 3moa dot and accessible battery.

I previously had a Burris FastFire 3, and I prefer the Venom over it with one small exception: The Burris dot seemed brighter. The Burris was too bright when shooting indoors though while the Venom seems just right. Outdoors in the bright sun it can very occasionally wash out and be difficult to locate.

Edited by jonathon1289
  • Like 1

I have the venom on a Walther Q5 Match and love it. Like others mentioned I like the battery accessibility, warranty and the auto feature which controls dot strength based on available light and shuts it off after 14 hours of no use. 

A043F207-D0F0-4086-B143-1C1E2BA4BE4F.jpeg

• Like 1