M&P 2.0 C.O.R.E.

DBTN

After a short wait, I finally picked up my M&P 2.0 C.O.R.E. a few days ago. I’ve been a fan of the M&P since the original 1.0.  I continue to be impressed with the refinements made to the 2.0 line. Now that Smith is finally pushing out the 2.0 C.O.R.E. in non-Performance Center models, the M&P 2.0 C.O.R.E. is everything the M&P 2.0 should have been from the start. 

Edited by DBTN
  • Like 8

Thanks guys. I also have a compact 2.0. Was about to send it off to have the slide milled when I was told that the compact 2.0 CORE should be coming before too long.  I also have older eyes and have developed a real appreciation for pistol optics.  

Good Video.

Pistol optics are the future. I suspect it won’t be long before most slides are cut, and drilled and tapped for optics. Optics will become tougher and lower cost.

I Picked up an M&P 5” Performance Center 9L Pro Series C.O.R.E. a couple of years ago. It’s good to see that the new 2.0 C.O.R.E’s have been released and you can buy them without being Performance Center. That’s good, the extra money I spent on Performance Center was wasted. Mine had a terrible trigger, far worse than any of my other M&P’s and, I had to put in an Apex trigger before I could even use it.

After a new trigger and a Vortex Venom optic; it makes a decent range gun.

Meanwhile, I’m still emailing LPA trying to get them to make the white outlined adjustable sights with a post, like they make for Glocks. No luck yet though. Although I know plenty of you love them; three dots sights are worthless….for me.

Great job on the video! 

I went a different route converting one my 2.0 to CORE with S&W not having any dates or knowing the ported one was coming.

This vid prompted me to check their website, and it appears they will have a Performance Center version for those wanted to go that route using the ported barrel without concern for low light flash that LEO's may want to avoid.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/performance-center-mp-9-m20-ported-425-barrel-slide-core

• Administrator
On 1/13/2020 at 7:35 AM, pop pop said:

Thanks for the post. I have the MP 9 C 2.0 4"and carry it(no Red Dot).  Have developed and real fondness for this pistol, however I find the red dot hinders me from making fast follow up shots. Excuse, "old eyes."  

It's interesting that you say that because my experience, and the experience of the majority I have spoken with on the subject is the opposite when it comes to older eyes and red dot optics.  They tend to work better for us than iron sights do because there is a single plane of focus, especially for faster shooting with higher accuracy.

I would suggest spending more time with it or, more importantly, more time with someone who could help guide you through acclimating to it.  There are trainers who will gladly charge you for it but there are people like me out there who are just pretty good with it that are glad to help others provided it fits into our free time and availability.

My problem is that I don't have much of those two things these days.  :(

• Like 3

Well... I don't have as much time lately to keep up. I was looking around a couple of months ago thinking it was time to add a couple of 2.0's but wanted factory optics mounts. We have multiple 1.0's all dolled up with Apex stuff. We have one 1.0 C.O.R.E.

I was surprised to see that S&W didn't have anything optics ready newer than the C.O.R.E. 1.0.

Wife doesn't like Glocks. We were preparing to move to the new Sig 320 coming out in a few weeks but I'm happy to stick with the M&P's. I think once we each have a 2.0 and plenty of time on them we will send our older slides off for milling

On 1/12/2020 at 7:02 PM, DBTN said:

Now that Smith is finally pushing out the 2.0 C.O.R.E. in non-Performance Center models, 

What’s the SKU number on the end of the box? I don’t see anything except PC models listed on their website.