GONE Female Border Collie Puppy

E4 No More

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jgradyc said:

For those with no experience with Border Collies, they aren't forget and leave at home all day dogs. The can be high maintenance and need exercise and training. That said, they are AWESOME pets. They are as smart as a 3-year-old and far more teachable than a teenage boy. This sweet girl will make someone a great companion. 

We have a BC/Aussie Shepard mix. Tremendously friendly, active, and very demanding of attention. Super watch dog. Will bark when a vehicle or person enters "her" territory, which is about three homes surrounding ours. lol

But that's a good thing. We live on a dead end and she always is aware of sound and movement.

1 hour ago, Grand Torino said:

I've got two border collies and a border collie mix already. I'm NOT showing my wife these pictures. Good luck with the pup.

I would love to have this little beauty, but Molly absolutely will not tolerate another dog around here. She even runs the neighbors dogs off. She's fine on walks and visiting the neighbors. Just no more on her home. Strange since she loves to play with other dogs and is especially fond of young children. Actually follows the 2 and 3 year old kids beside us. Won't let anything or anyone near them. Over about 6, she has no interest in them. A definite strong mothering instinct. 

Molly virtually didn't leave my side after 2 knee surgeries, and now at night she goes back and forth between me and my wife. Always checking on us.

But agreed with all. These little creatures are absolutely fantastic companions

2 hours ago, jgradyc said:

For those with no experience with Border Collies, they aren't forget and leave at home all day dogs. The can be high maintenance and need exercise and training. That said, they are AWESOME pets. They are as smart as a 3-year-old and far more teachable than a teenage boy. This sweet girl will make someone a great companion. 

The trainer that I hired for the mom & dad of this pup had a border collie mix as her own dog. She was surprised at how much smarter my dogs were versus even her own dog that she viewed as pretty smart.

1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

I haven't been able to persuade my wife into this pup. What a shame. Border Collies are amazing animals.

At 6 weeks old, this little girl crawled up behind my neck between me and the recliner and snuggled down for a nap. That's why I said that she loves to cuddle. I haven't encouraged that type of activity because I want her to bond with a new owner; not me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived