Question about the "new" permit, then changing to "enhanced."

57 minutes ago, PAULSHOOT said:

My opinion --- you are CORRECT in thinking that way.

And in my opinion…. Those responding to your shooting will more than likely not be attorneys. Those that decide whether or not you are arrested will more than likely not be attorneys. Those that decided if you are charged will be. Those that decide your guilt or innocence will not be attorneys. That’s because the justification for the use of deadly force is really very simple.

If a reasonable person (That means responding Police Officers, interviewing Detectives, Prosecutors and then a Judge or jury, not you) would believe you are in immediate danger of death or great bodily harm; the use of deadly force is justified.

That’s not rocket science. And any questions you have after reading that, you can probably answer yourself through common sense. Or research is very easy to do.

Training is important. Knowing if you are justified in what you are about to do is pretty easy in most cases. Having the equipment and the ability to live through an encounter against an armed criminal that could possibly be better trained than you; is much tougher. You need training and practice to do that.

Everyone should read the written law; your freedom will depend on its interpretation by you and by others. Then if you have questions; research them. If you are relying on the information of another; check their claims. If they claim to be the best defense attorney in the country on the use of deadly force; check that out. See how many cases they have won/lost, or if they have defended anyone at all.

All of the training and all of the legal information is available to you. There is no need for the state to put their stamp of approval on it and require it to carry.

However, as far as permits go, if the legislation the Governor just announced passes, it will become each individual’s responsibility to be properly trained, and no permit will be required. Or, if you want to carry to states that have reciprocity with us; you will need an Enhanced HCP.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

And in my opinion…. Those responding to your shooting will more than likely not be attorneys. Those that decide whether or not you are arrested will more than likely not be attorneys. Those that decided if you are charged will be. Those that decide your guilt or innocence will not be attorneys. That’s because the justification for the use of deadly force is really very simple.

If a reasonable person (That means responding Police Officers, interviewing Detectives, Prosecutors and then a Judge or jury, not you) would believe you are in immediate danger of death or great bodily harm; the use of deadly force is justified.

That’s not rocket science. And any questions you have after reading that, you can probably answer yourself through common sense. Or research is very easy to do.

Training is important. Knowing if you are justified in what you are about to do is pretty easy in most cases. Having the equipment and the ability to live through an encounter against an armed criminal that could possibly be better trained than you; is much tougher. You need training and practice to do that.

Everyone should read the written law; your freedom will depend on its interpretation by you and by others. Then if you have questions; research them. If you are relying on the information of another; check their claims. If they claim to be the best defense attorney in the country on the use of deadly force; check that out. See how many cases they have won/lost, or if they have defended anyone at all.

All of the training and all of the legal information is available to you. There is no need for the state to put their stamp of approval on it and require it to carry.

However, as far as permits go, if the legislation the Governor just announced passes, it will become each individual’s responsibility to be properly trained, and no permit will be required. Or, if you want to carry to states that have reciprocity with us; you will need an Enhanced HCP.

I agree with you but the problem is that common sense seems to be lacking with some people these days. 

On 2/29/2020 at 1:37 PM, lock n' load said:

I agree with you but the problem is that common sense seems to be lacking with some people these days. 

AGREE and fact is in my opinion most folks don't take the "responsibility" to do the research, learning or training.

EDIT 03-08-20 - Talk of Responsibility - It is not to hard to find examples of folks not acting responsible in many areas: I include driving (so we have some regulations and training for Driver License);  Manufacturing of Products (most improvements in products come from regulations); And as far as gun owners, I think there are many irresponsible owners (Couple of EsX, ever see signs shot up on highways by drive by shooters, and in many cases there is a a houses in areas behind those, and go to Bubbling Spring Range and see a waterhole dug by shooters (about 2 foot wide and 4 foot long and 8 inches deep VS shooting into the target pits); Expand to hunters poaching, etc.  

My own EXAMPLE:  I never gave the Laws of Self Defense a thought to start with. Then I got interested in the issues over time. Probably, never have all the training or knowledge needed (and no guarantee I or anyone will will do the right thing under a circumstance if one should come up). 

Anyway, a basic requirement to learn some knowledge for permit would help folks realize what they are getting into with Carry and Self Defense (Laws, etc.).  I would venture most do not. 

Anyone includes the authorities make mistakes after an event (or before): Maddox case is a good example, should have never been charged; Zimmerman case as well (after  listening to Andrew Branca's audio of the discussion between Zimmerman and Police Dispatch, he should not have been prosecuted.

Zimmerman did make mistakes in my opinion, mainly getting out of his car to follow when the person disappeared around the corner. That said, if you listen to the audio, you will hear he was not told to stay in car, and he thought dispatcher wanted him to see where the guy went when he disappeared out of Zimmerman's sight. Then  dispatcher realized he had followed and told him they did not want him to do that. Zimmerman responded as if to go back to his car, but the final event happened before he made it back (he was being attacked and shot the guy).  

Edited by PAULSHOOT