If I were smarter, I'd offer you my New Vacquero in 45ACP. But I'm not. lol

Even as little as I shoot it, it's just too darn pretty to let go of. And of course it shoots pretty well too. I only have a few SA revolvers, and this is absolutely my favorite. 

11 minutes ago, hipower said:

If I were smarter, I'd offer you my New Vacquero in 45ACP. But I'm not. lol

Even as little as I shoot it, it's just too darn pretty to let go of. And of course it shoots pretty well too. I only have a few SA revolvers, and this is absolutely my favorite. 

Yeah, I keep going back and forth between the two over sights. The Vaquero is obviously closer to the Colt SAA. But this will be a range toy, not a carry or home defense gun. So sights are kinda important…or not. :cheers:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Yeah, I keep going back and forth between the two over sights. The Vaquero is obviously closer to the Colt SAA. But this will be a range toy, not a carry or home defense gun. So sights are kinda important…or not. :cheers:

Sometimes there's fun to be had at the range by seeing what you can do with what you have. It's pretty dang satisfying to wring good groups out of a gun with minimal sights.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DaveTN said:

The way I shot on my last outing, you'd think I was using the braille method. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

Well dang if I didn't already send it to the auction i'd offer you up my BNIB 1978 Blackhawk Convertible 45acp/45lc with 7.5" barrel.  Alas its at PowellAuction.com  should be on their online auction late Feb early March.

Thanks, but that barrel is too long. I have a 7.5” Super Blackhawk now.

• Like 1

Dave... 

For what it's worth... Big hands... Best balance overall with steel grip frame.. 5.5 bisley blackhawk or vaquero... Best for great black powder cartridge kaboom as well and heavy 54 Colt loads with heavy bullets. (...275 grain ta 320..)... We use the stainless ones... 

Easiest ta carry...  New Model 4 5/8 Blackhawk 45 Colt from the old days (...pre vaquero...)... Aluminum grip frame..." Best of the best ", for me at least...  I say: "...Collect em all..."...!!! We love em..!

Good hunting Brother...

leroy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

I ordered this NEW MODEL BLACKHAWK CONVERTIBLE in 45 COLT / 45 AUTO, 5.5", Blue.

https://www.ruger.com/products/newModelBlackhawkConvertible/specSheets/0463.html

Ya will love it Brother..!  I've got his brother in a Bisley Stainless convertible... Shoots like a dream.. I think the 5.5 is the best balanced of the lot; whether Blackhawk, Vaquero, or even Colt SAA... They handle like a dream.   I cant wait ta hear what ya think about it...  

Congratulations Brother...

leroy

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hipower said:

Very nice. I like my New Vaquero in 45 acp, but that Bisley convertible is cool!

But then...I'm to wimpy for the 45LC. 😉

hipower...

Plow handle or birds head..?  I've been wanting a birdshead sheriff for years Brother...

leroy.

1 hour ago, leroy said:

hipower...

Plow handle or birds head..?  I've been wanting a birdshead sheriff for years Brother...

leroy.

New Model Vaquero. I believe it's the birds head model.

Bought it from a young man here several years ago. He was attending the LEO training academy and had some medical issues with his mother in Knoxville. We talked it over and I bought it and offered him the opportunity to buy it back when he was on his feet again. I haven't heard from him since.

But back on point, it's very comfortable to shoot for an old fat man that isn't really into single action pistols. I just thought it so novel chambered in 45acp.

4 hours ago, leroy said:

Hipower ...

They are a great thing; and cool to shoot as well...

Enjoy.

leroy.

Cool...yes. And it gets a few looks as well. lol

I do enjoy myself, when I get out, which isn't as much lately. Last outing was with a 43X and a Canik Shark I bought last year.

The 43x is pretty zippy. A bit more than I expected actually. A bit of tentative arthritis in my shooting hand is beginning to temper my fondness for the 43X.

Then went to the Shark and found it to be a very comfortable and accurate shooting pistol.

I find I'm enjoying all the Canik line very much.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1