What was your last/next range toy? [with pictures]

DaveTN

I have all my bases covered on carry and home defense guns (for now) and find myself buying range toys. What have you bought that serves no purpose other than something for you to play with at the range? Or even something you are buying as a collectable and will never shoot? I could never own something and not shoot it; but I know some folks do that.

I just ordered a Ruger Mark IV Competition; it supposed to be here Tuesday. My next purchase will be to try to fill the spot of “Cowboy Gun”. I’’ post pics when I get them.

The only other range toys I have is my 1911, Garand and my rimfires.

Feel free to post pictures.

E49c0bz.jpg

y1jDr4c.jpg

• Like 6
2 hours ago, BHunted said:

Nighthawk Agent 2 with IOS in 9mm..... first 9mm in 1911 for me.

Agent2_left.jpg

agent2_rt_800.jpg

Really like this! Hope to parley into one someday. lol

I've become a fan of 1911s in 9mm. Started with a Rock Island. Then a Springer, a Colt or two. I do want a Smith too.

Just love the combo! Fun too shoot and my old wrists like them too.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1

CZ 457. The sole purpose is friendly competition with my brother in law to see who can consistently hit a golf ball at 300 yards. Last time got it dialed in on a 6" steel target, will try for the 3" target on the next trip. I'm having a lot of fun with this one.

20191019_153324.thumb.jpg.2a3c09a3c4f50d9d735de170520e5620.jpg

• Like 6
20 hours ago, kvmx00 said:

CZ 457. The sole purpose is friendly competition with my brother in law to see who can consistently hit a golf ball at 300 yards. Last time got it dialed in on a 6" steel target, will try for the 3" target on the next trip. I'm having a lot of fun with this one.

20191019_153324.thumb.jpg.2a3c09a3c4f50d9d735de170520e5620.jpg

Google says a golf ball is 1.680" in diameter, so please provide regular updates on this project/friendly competition.  Let us know  when you guys get to the "consistent" part at 300yds ok.    It sounds like it would be a blast to try with a 22LR.    

Last range toy was my lower I built with a factory 14.5" DDM4SLW upper. If I go back to 5.56 for duty use I will probably use it but currently run a DDM4V7 300blk. This is it before it was finished. Now has an Accupoint 1-4 and Surefire M600df 

Next toy is undecided.  Maybe a Colt Night Cobra. Don't own a revolver and really like the look. Dont know if I would ever carry it as I'm an auto guy.

20190923_134100.jpg

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Defender said:

How do you like that sight?  I’m thinking of trying similar on my sig 365XL.

Really like it.  It makes shooting accurately a lot easier.  I am 52 and while my vision is great I have to use cheaters/readers for anything up close.  Looking at my phone, reading a menu etc I need readers.  When shooting pistols, the target is perfectly in focus while the pistol sights are very fuzzy.  A red dot is a lot easier to pick up than the front post on the pistol.  I can focus on the target thru the RMR and as soon as the red dot covers what I want, boom.  

Now I did just order some reverse bifocal shooting glasses where the magnification is on the top instead of the bottom.  They are supposed to be great for older eyes.  I will post a review once i get them and shoot with them.

• Like 2