What was your last/next range toy? [with pictures]

DaveTN

Recently an AR15, but changed ammo yesterday and feel like I bought a new gun. I started with lacquered steel 223 and changed over to brass 5.56 in which I changed manufacturers as well.  Sometimes you can feel like you got a new toy without getting one. 

D32A16CD-7C88-4C17-80FC-D51BA3240B3C.jpeg

6C70F807-A7F6-4752-8AD4-2AA33B63B359.jpeg

Edited by One1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, One1 said:

Recently an AR15, but changed ammo yesterday and feel like I bought a new gun. I started with lacquered steel 223 and changed over to brass 5.56 in which I changed manufacturers as well.  Sometimes you can feel like you got a new toy without getting one. 

D32A16CD-7C88-4C17-80FC-D51BA3240B3C.jpeg

6C70F807-A7F6-4752-8AD4-2AA33B63B359.jpeg

Shooting different kinds of ammo is half the fun.  I think you’ll find that Aguila quite a bit hotter than Russian .223.

• Like 2
On 1/24/2020 at 7:06 PM, Garufa said:

Shooting different kinds of ammo is half the fun.  I think you’ll find that Aguila quite a bit hotter than Russian .223.

In fact I did find it hotter. So much so that it blurrs my camera at 20+ feet away. Every shot the muzzle break was so violent the entire image blurred. 

• Administrator

Another AR build with an SB Tactical SB3 pistol brace.  This is the closest I've got to a "truck gun"...

i-j7zRrCB-X3.jpg

Specs:

• PSA pistol lower receiver with NP3 coated internals and SB Tactical SBA brace
  • Aero Precision M4E1 upper receiver
  • Toolcraft black nitrided bolt carrier group
  • Radians Raptor charging handle
  • Bravo Company Machine MCMR 9-inch MLOK rail
  • Ballistic Advantage 10.5" barrel with carbine-length gas system
  • Melonited low profile gas block and Melonited gas tube
  • VG6 Epsilon 5.56 muzzle device
  • Trijicon MRO red dot optic on Geissele Super Precision MRO mount
  • Magpul MOE Grip, Magpul MLOK hand-stop, Magpul MIAD strap
  • Streamlight TLR-1HL weapon light on pic-rail (right side of weapon)

Planned:

• Law Tactical folding adapter
  • Surefire M640U Scout Light or Cloud Defensive REIN light
  • Like 4
  • Administrator
19 hours ago, dralarms said:

I bought a 300bo upper. No picture it’s sitting at the post office. 

If you're not already planning to, go ahead and pick up a bolt carrier group and charging handle to use specifically with it.

Normally I wouldn't even mention this and would make an assumption, but I had a friend on Facebook start having wonky feeding problems and it turned out he was swapping the BCG between his 5.56 and .300BLK upper receivers.  Really not a good idea as the BCG's lugs will "mate" (machined through use and abuse) to the barrel's own lugs over time.

There was enough of a difference between the two barrels that it began to cause head-spacing issues.

• Moderators
19 hours ago, LINKS2K said:

I retired a little over a week ago, so I decided to purchase a few things that I’ve wanted for a while. Sorry for the crappy pictures. 

1.Ed Brown Special Forces

2.RX conversion kit for my Sig Legion P226 SAO I think I like the pistol more without the optic.

3.Les Baer TRS I’ve had this one for a short while

4.Remington 870 Marine Magnum with SureFire fore end, Mesa Tactical saddle, Magpul stock and temporary RMR. I’m thinking about a MRO. 

5.Springfield Armory Professional 

47F7D55F-0295-4B16-82CE-38BDAFAFC06C.jpeg

0D35E0A9-88EC-46AD-ABD6-718A144C07A3.jpeg

17E8BE59-C3F4-46BB-B8BB-33E5FBF6BE8E.jpeg

30C93685-238D-47FF-B305-AF743EFB00AE.jpeg

590E981C-E9B9-4376-A4B4-4B2947FA0E35.jpeg

Congrats on all fronts!

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, TGO David said:

If you're not already planning to, go ahead and pick up a bolt carrier group and charging handle to use specifically with it.

Normally I wouldn't even mention this and would make an assumption, but I had a friend on Facebook start having wonky feeding problems and it turned out he was swapping the BCG between his 5.56 and .300BLK upper receivers.  Really not a good idea as the BCG's lugs will "mate" (machined through use and abuse) to the barrel's own lugs over time.

There was enough of a difference between the two barrels that it began to cause head-spacing issues.

Came with it

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TGO David said:

Another AR build with an SB Tactical SB3 pistol brace.  This is the closest I've got to a "truck gun"...

i-j7zRrCB-X3.jpg

Specs:

• PSA pistol lower receiver with NP3 coated internals and SB Tactical SBA brace
  • Aero Precision M4E1 upper receiver
  • Toolcraft black nitrided bolt carrier group
  • Radians Raptor charging handle
  • Bravo Company Machine MCMR 9-inch MLOK rail
  • Ballistic Advantage 10.5" barrel with carbine-length gas system
  • Melonited low profile gas block and Melonited gas tube
  • VG6 Epsilon 5.56 muzzle device
  • Trijicon MRO red dot optic on Geissele Super Precision MRO mount
  • Magpul MOE Grip, Magpul MLOK hand-stop, Magpul MIAD strap
  • Streamlight TLR-1HL weapon light on pic-rail (right side of weapon)

Planned:

• Law Tactical folding adapter
  • Surefire M640U Scout Light or Cloud Defensive REIN light

I like literally everything about that (other than the flip up sights). That rail is excellent. Very slick. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, One1 said:

I like literally everything about that (other than the flip up sights). That rail is excellent. Very slick. 

The Magpul backup sights aren't bothering anyone.  They just lay there in case they are ever needed.  That's like saying you don't like car insurance.  :)

• Haha 3
On 1/26/2020 at 6:01 PM, TGO David said:

The Magpul backup sights aren't bothering anyone.  They just lay there in case they are ever needed.  That's like saying you don't like car insurance.  :)

No it’s like saying I don’t like plastic sights. :) i use Matech. 

• Administrator
18 hours ago, One1 said:

No it’s like saying I don’t like plastic sights. :) i use Matech. 

Why?  Matech sights have a reputation of having fragile screws and a latch system that wears out and then won't keep the rear site locked down.  Their own documentation says you're supposed to replace the screws on them any time you move them between rifles because of how frail they become after torquing them down.

To each their own, but if I really felt that I needed hard-use BUIS I would just get the Magpul Pro set, or a set of folders from Troy in whatever style lit my fire.

• Like 2