Any new range options around Franklin?

Still looking for an outdoor private range to shoot at. Money is not a huge issue as long as I get some value from it. Currently all I can find is strategic edge (brotherhood club, that will never open to regular joes.) and Middle Tennessee Sporting Club which appears to be my only option but just a little far but not out of touch. Currently at Royal range plinking.

Anyone have any feelers for a outdoor range 100 yards/ with a pistol section 30 to 45 minutes from Franklin? There was one just south but it didn’t appeal to me.

• Administrator

"Just south of Frankin" would be Charlie Haffner's range on Owl Hollow Road and I'm guessing that is the one you didn't care for, for some reason.  That's a shame for Charlie, but good for me because I hate crowded ranges.  :)

Other than that, you've listed what is available.

• Like 1

Thanks,  IIRC there seemed to be a bunch of homes in the area that I didn’t want anything to do with, also his hours or days didn’t fit my schedule. Only saw 2 pistol bays and not sure I wanted someone shooting behind me. I may be a chicken but going to live to talk about it :)

• Confused 1

Brotherhood meaning you have to know a member. I don’t know who Tony Shankle is otherwise I would have done it long ago. I just put my name on the list from their site months ago, but that seems like it went straight into a empty email box Thanks for the tip though.

I’m just a regular joe and I got in at Strategic Edge after 8-10 months on the waiting list. He only allows a certain amount of members (I don’t know what that number is up to now), and each year as some people don’t renew, more get notified that they can join. It’s an amazing range and worth biding your time on the waiting list in my option. Membership is not needed for most of the competitions and classes out there.

Charlie’s range is also quite good for short range work, though I long ago stopped going on the weekends as it can get crowded and uncomfortable quick.

• Like 1

Ditto on Strategic. I put my name on the waiting list and was called approx. 10 months later. Never met Tony and I am also a regular joe. Not a "brotherhood" just a great range with limited amount of openings each year to join. Keeps the crowds down.  I checked with Tony during my waiting period and he was great and responded immediately. He offered to try to move me up but I declined as to be fair to others. 

Charlie Haffner's range is great as well. 

On 1/20/2020 at 11:12 AM, Swang said:

Anyone have any feelers for a outdoor range 100 yards/ with a pistol section 30 to 45 minutes from Franklin? 

Terry Waldens range at Manchester has pistol Ranges, and 328 Yard Rifle ranges. It’s an unsupervised range and is 62 miles from Franklin. Whether you could make that in 45 minutes is an unknown.

6 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Terry Waldens range at Manchester has pistol Ranges, and 328 Yard Rifle ranges. It’s an unsupervised range and is 62 miles from Franklin. Whether you could make that in 45 minutes is an unknown.

Looks nice, I don’t do FB so gonna give him a call. Looks l8ke a nice place.  

Thanks!

This Help?  I did a GOOGLE Map Search Shooting Range Nashville and showed a number of ranges (saw a couple that are outdoor). Other than that I don't know. Tried to Post the Google link (got this instead).

Maybe do the search on GOOGLE Map Yourself.  

On 1/26/2020 at 11:17 AM, PAULSHOOT said:

This Help?  I did a GOOGLE Map Search Shooting Range Nashville and showed a number of ranges (saw a couple that are outdoor). Other than that I don't know. Tried to Post the Google link (got this instead).

Maybe do the search on GOOGLE Map Yourself.  

REALLY DUDE?

if we all used google there would be no purpose for a discussion/ Q&A forum. If you happen to be tired of answering the same question just skip the topic. Thought it would be nice if we could just chill and help each other. Who knows there may be some little range that doesn’t have a webpage for google.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2020 at 10:45 AM, Swang said:

REALLY DUDE?

if we all used google there would be no purpose for a discussion/ Q&A forum. If you happen to be tired of answering the same question just skip the topic. Thought it would be nice if we could just chill and help each other. Who knows there may be some little range that doesn’t have a webpage for google.

Not sure I understand the "Really DUDE?  and rest of that comment".  It sounds like an inconsiderate reply to me. I have not seen much of that kind of stuff on this site in the past, hope it is not an ongoing thing.  

Anyway, I will explain further in case there is a misunderstanding about what I was saying. I was simply saying, sometimes one can find shooting ranges on a GOOGLE Map of an area. I have in past by opening a GOOGLE Map to an area, and searching for ranges. I did and it showed some, but would not let me copy and paste the GOOGLE link.

So, I suggested to do your own GOOGLE Search.    

• Like 1

Strategic Edge is a great range to shoot at.  I really like being a member there.  Last I heard, the membership was capped around 1800 folks and as mentioned earlier it gets cycled through in June/July time frame when renewals are done and folks don't re-up.  Tony won't reach out to you, you'll need to check in with him if you have questions.  Not much of a reason for him to contact anyone on the waiting list until the middle of the year when renewals happen.   If you are a morning person, you can get to the pistol bays around 8 and have some undisturbed time for about 2 hours as long as there isn't a match or class.