Grunt67

area-nashville Gun Show M'boro this weekend 1/25 - 26/20

If anyone interested, R K Shows will be in M'boro this weekend, at the Expo ( usual site ).  Certainly not in the class with Tulsa, but usually the largest in this area. Guess I'll go kill some time there, not really looking to buy anything, just enjoy going.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, pop pop said:

Where is the Expo located? 

Off of Middle Tennessee Blvd., which is off of 231 E in M'boro.

3 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

If anyone interested..

Thanks for the heads-up, I might have to go; I haven’t been in a while. I bet I can find a “Cowboy Gun” there.

• Like 1

Went to the gun show this AM. The place was packed! Largest crowd I've seen there, and I've been to most. Parking lot was running over into the streets. Cheek to cheek inside, line all the way back to the corner of the bldg when I got there, and same way when I left. Bought nothing, but did find a rifle similar to the one I've got on my bucket list ( Henry 45/70 Gvmt. carbine ). Like the feel, goes right to my shoulder, sights line right up. Gonna have to wait a while, finances you know, LOL.

Have a great weekend..........

Grunt67, did you see many individuals selling?  Or any sort of restrictions mentioned?

Thanks.

Heading down to the show in the morning just to stroll around and browse. Not in the buying market for anything but haven’t been to a Gun show in a couple years and I miss going. 

17 minutes ago, hipower said:

Grunt67, did you see many individuals selling?  Or any sort of restrictions mentioned?

Thanks.

There were a few standing around with guns, don't know if they were selling/buying or not. It was so crowded, I spent much of my focus just making it thru the aisles.

I went today about 1PM. Like Grunt said it was packed, and that's no small parking lot. I was about to leave when I lucked into a parking space. But when I got up to where I could see inside; I decided I didn’t want to deal with that. I figured I would let the door busters die down and I would just waltz in; I was wrong. But if you like nuts to butts slow moving crowds; you would have liked this.

1 hour ago, hipower said:

I saw an unusual amount of gun cases going in. So I assume they were selling; but I don’t know that, or what, if any, the rules were.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

I went today about 1PM. Like Grunt said it was packed, and that's no small parking lot. I was about to leave when I lucked into a parking space. But when I got up to where I could see inside; I decided I didn’t want to deal with that. I figured I would let the door busters die down and I would just waltz in; I was wrong. But if you like nuts to butts slow moving crowds; you would have liked this.

I saw an unusual amount of gun cases going in. So I assume they were selling; but I don’t know that, or what, if any, the rules were.

I forgot to add, in my previous post, I didn't see any rules posted, but wasn't really looking for that. My "guess" is none.

40 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

I forgot to add, in my previous post, I didn't see any rules posted, but wasn't really looking for that. My "guess" is none.

Thanks, guys. Giving a bit of thought to going tomorrow, but I'm still not walking too well. So the wife will probably win out on this one. She's afraid I'll fall, and truthfully, she's right. I couldn't take several hours stand and doing the turkey shuffle thru all the aisles. But I'd sure like to go. lol   

5 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

It was so crowded, I spent much of my focus just making it thru the aisles.

3 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

slow moving crowds; you would have liked this.

It was my first and probably last time to go. Way to crowded for me to enjoy!

2 hours ago, hipower said:

So the wife will probably win out on this one. She's afraid I'll fall, and truthfully, she's right.

If you did happen to fall you wouldn't hit the ground...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sucks getting old. We complain if the shows are too small, and if they are too big. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Sucks getting old. We complain if the shows are too small, and if they are too big. 

Beats walking out of there smelling like someone else’s poot air.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hughd said:

If you did happen to fall you wouldn't hit the ground...

Quite true, LOL

2 hours ago, DaveTN said:

That's one of the privileges of old age.