Holosun's 2020 New Products

• Administrator

SHOT Show 2020 is this week and that of course means that manufacturers are trotting out new products.  If you're at SHOT you're getting a chance to fondle new things.  If you're like me and stuck at home, you're seeing new stuff on the Internet.  This thread will help you spend money later this year, because Holosun seems slow to get things actually into distributor channels after they announce them.  Or at least that's how it was with the 508T last year.

Anyway, they have announced a crap-ton of new optics so here are some things that you probably want to know about:

A lot of their mini red dot optics have gotten a refresh for 2020 and now include a side-loading battery design that Trijicon should be kicking their own ass for not adopting yet (Seriously, Trijicon... what's up with that??) as well as improved, larger control buttons.

407C V2 Elite Red and Green Dot Versions

8MOA dot reticles powered by a CR1632 battery and solar cell, housed in 7075 aluminum bodies.

Holosun 407C V2 EliteHolosun 407C V2 Elite

507C V2 Elite Red and Green Dot Versions

2MOA dot with 32MOA ring reticle design, powered by a CR2032 battery and solar cell, housed in 7075 aluminum bodies.

Holosun 507C V2Holosun 507C V2 Red Dot Sight

507K Micro Red Dot

An alternative to the DOCTR and other such small red dots for your diminutive pistol!
6MOA dot reticle powered by a CR1632 battery and solar cell, housed in 7075 aluminum bodies.

Holosun 507K Micro Red DotHolosun 507K Micro Red Dot

508T V2 Elite Green and Red Dots

A successor to the 508T already?  They beefed up the body on these and it looks like it could now go toe-to-toe with the RMR for crush resistance now.
2MOA red or green dot and a 32MOA ring reticle design, powered by a CR1632 battery and solar cell, in a Titanium body.

Holosun 508T V2 EliteHolosun 508T V2 Elite version 2

509T Micro Red Dot

If you wanted an Aimpoint ACRO that had actual battery life, Holosun is releasing one for you. Shame, Acupoint. Shame!
2MOA red dot and 32MOA circle reticle design, in a fully enclosed body, powered by a CR1632 battery and solar cell, in a Titanium body.
Battery life is rated at 50,000 hours as compared to the 32 minutes and 6 seconds (exaggerated) that the ACRO gets.

Holosun-HE509T-RD-Front-Angled-Right.jpgHolosun-HE509T-RD-Back-Angled-Right.jpg

Holosun-HE509T-RD-Back-Angled-Left.jpgHolosun-HE509T-RD-Side.jpg

• Like 6
40 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Small, durable handgun optics is a hot market. I expect to see quality increase, cost decrease and more firearms available with them as options.

I’m curious to know the MSRP on these new offerings.  Micro RD’s have been around quite a while and the prices have not dropped all that much.

Edited by Garufa
  • Administrator
56 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Man, I’d like to give these Holosun’s a try on my Hellcat. I just need one with a compatible footprint. Springfield going with the oddball mounting footprint is really starting to wear on my nerves. 

I think the 407C Micro Dot is going to be compatible with the Shield RMSc footprint, based on what I am seeing in those photos.  You've got this footprint, right?

image.png

• Like 1
  • Moderators
5 minutes ago, TGO David said:

I think the 407C Micro Dot is going to be compatible with the Shield RMSc footprint, based on what I am seeing in those photos.  You've got this footprint, right?

image.png

That I do. If it is compatible, that’ll be awesome. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, TGO David said:

image.png

The 407 and 507 both have an RMR footprint, the hellcat has a shield rmsc cut that is much narrower. The 507k is the holosun optic for your hellcat or other single stack (Glock 48, p365, hellcat, etc.)

Also I saw a youtube video and another post from someone talking with a holosun rep that the 507K is going to have the same reticle options options as the 507C with dot, circle dot, circle options.  The 407K is basically the 507K with only a dot option for the reticle.

Edited by FrankD
  • Like 3

I’m going to be needing a new optic soon. With them being about the same price I wonder how the 407C compares with the Vortex Venom. I also wonder how long it will before the 407C V2 is out and what the difference is.

There are “0 reviews” for all those Holosun optics on the site that is linked; are they new?

22 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

I’m going to be needing a new optic soon. With them being about the same price I wonder how the 407C compares with the Vortex Venom. I also wonder how long it will before the 407C V2 is out and what the difference is.

There are “0 reviews” for all those Holosun optics on the site that is linked; are they new?

The V2's are new along with the 507K and 509T.  The current production 407,507,and 508 have been out for a while and have great reviews.  If you are curious check out the sage dynamics 507C video on youtube. 

19 minutes ago, FrankD said:

The V2's are new along with the 507K and 509T.  The current production 407,507,and 508 have been out for a while and have great reviews.  If you are curious check out the sage dynamics 507C video on youtube. 

Thanks, that’s a good review; but not on the new product. It appears (from the info linked below) that the 407C requires sight removal to change the battery, that’s unacceptable (for me). It appears the V2 does not require the sight be removed. That (if I’m reading it right) by itself would make the V1 Holosun take a back seat to the Venom. I would think most shooters would be comparing it to the Vortex Vemom, Burris Fastfire III, and maybe even the Leupold Deltapoint Pro (although its price is much higher). 

https://armsvault.com/2020/01/holosun-new-products/

• Administrator

Do you a YouTube search for Sage Dynamics' reviews of the Holosun 507c and 508T.  They hold up to abuse as well as the Trijicon RMR and in the top group of optics he recommends.  Watch the abuse he subjects them to.

The Vortex sights aren't in the same ZIP code.

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Looks like 5-7 weeks for the next versions.

I'm skeptical about their delivery timelines.  Hopefully that's accurate!  The 508T took forever to actually ship last year, but maybe they were working through delays in the overall supply chain that have been resolved.

28 minutes ago, TGO David said:

I'm skeptical about their delivery timelines.  Hopefully that's accurate!  The 508T took forever to actually ship last year, but maybe they were working through delays in the overall supply chain that have been resolved.

That was just from the OpticsPlanet site. They added the V2, but it says 5-7 weeks delivery.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DaveTN said:

That was just from the OpticsPlanet site. They added the V2, but it says 5-7 weeks delivery.

Never trust OpticsPlanet delivery windows.  THey are notorious for providing an "estimate" and just moving it out.  For instance I had a Sig Romeo 0 on order from November that was 5-7 weeks and I still didn't have a clear date when I cancelled the order on Monday.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
3 hours ago, DaveTN said:

4 minutes ago, FrankD said:

Never trust OpticsPlanet delivery windows.  THey are notorious for providing an "estimate" and just moving it out.  For instance I had a Sig Romeo 0 on order from November that was 5-7 weeks and I still didn't have a clear date when I cancelled the order on Monday.

Frank beat me to it.  Unless OP has it in stock, don't trust their estimated arrival dates or lead times.

1 minute ago, FrankD said:

I don't trust them. I've bought from them, they generally have the lowest price (unless Amazon has it), but they play fast and loose with delivery.  They were just the only ones I saw that had the V2 listed with a shipping time. 

Im really interested in the 507K for my 365XL..., but I have a few questions...on kenzies web page, https://www.kenziesoptics.com/product/holosun-507k-red-dot/  there is no mention of the solar charging panel, but in the article above it says it has that...anyone know?  Also for those with experience with these style of optics, will new holsters be in order?

I believe I saw a youtube video with the holosun rep where there was no solar option on the 507K.

As for holster options, its usually a blanket "optic cut" that makes sure there is no kydex around the rear of the slide so they are generally OK with any optics.  If you have a non "optics cut" holster you can likely modify it with a dremel and sandpaper to make it work as most holsters do not rely on the rear of the slide for retention.

• Like 1

For those that are concerned about reliability, they don't tend to rush to market and vet their products before release. I have been very happy with my prior holosuns. But the true measure to me was I found their customer service to be fantastic on the one occasion I had to send one back. It felt very much like dealing with Vortex with similar quick turnaround. The few other accounts I've seen in various places also had good experience.

I wouldn't hesitate as they stand behind their stuff.

• Like 2