Holosun's 2020 New Products

On 1/24/2020 at 1:10 PM, Chucktshoes said:

ric flair GIF by WWE

Saw something that hellcats and others with the rear recoil lugs would need to have the lugs removed and the front lugs shortened to mount the 507K, apparently a direct mount on the 365XL though

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, FrankD said:

Saw something that hellcats and others with the rear recoil lugs would need to have the lugs removed and the front lugs shortened to mount the 507K, apparently a direct mount on the 365XL though

If that is accurate, that’s disconcerting. That sort of monkeying with the gun would negate any cost benefit of the Holosun over the Sheild’s higher price. 

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, FrankD said:

Wonder when this sight will be available?

3 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

If that is accurate, that’s disconcerting. That sort of monkeying with the gun would negate any cost benefit of the Holosun over the Sheild’s higher price. 

seems like the video was from concealedcarry dot com youtube channel.  The other benefit to Holosun that I find more appealing is the assumed durability, the RMSc failed the sage dynamics test while the 507c has performed very well.  Not to mention the circle dot reticle if you’re into that

Edited by FrankD
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrator
9 hours ago, kellyII said:

You don’t happen to know a discount code for kenzies do you TGO David?

They were offering a 10% off coupon for your first order if you signed up for their mailing list.  Are they still doing that?

29 minutes ago, GhstFace38 said:

I'm eagerly awaiting the 509T for my G45 MOS. C&H Precision is releasing a Holosun to MOS adapter plate made of aluminum that I'll be using too. 

I really want the new 508T V2.  I know that Ike over at Big Tex Outdoors posted on his Facebook page earlier this week that he has zero idea when Holosun's new products are going to land and said that he is pretty sure the COVID-19 thing is slowing down every bit of their release schedule since they manufacture in China.  :(

I've been looking at the 407K, for my PPSM2 w/ RSMc. Thing is, as another poster mentioned, there will have to be some mods involved, as in removing 2 of the posts & shortening the other 2 to accommodate to 407K.  After this is done, the RSMc can still be used. ( all this according to the Shot Show spokes person.

Price, will be approx. $219.

I have an issue right now with Shield's warrant service, or rather the lack of it. The LED went out, sent Shield a claim. They had me send it to Valley Stream, NY. Haven't heard a peep from either. Messages, not answered. Not sure if maybe COVID-19 has them shut down, or what.

Needless to say, I'm no where near happy with Shield, and have no intention of buying anything else from them. No way to do business.

So, this has me looking for a replacement. The 407K "looks" good, but it's new, so, have to wait & see how the reviews go. Also, they're not supposed to hit the shelves 'til May.

• 1 month later...
Guest BCR#1

Does anyone make a mounting plate for the dovetail on a Ruger MKII 5.5 Target. I want to add a Holosun sight of some model but I don't want a rail mounted on my pistol.

Thanks, Bill

Guest BCR#1

I found a plate set-up on line and drove down to Kenzie's this morning to pick up my new sight. I doubt I'll be able to post a pic of the sight as it says my pics are too large for posting. I wonder if benefactors get more pic space? ANYWAY, I bought the HE407C-GR . It was the only model green dot in stock until at least August for some reason.

Bill

https://imgur.com/a/sQfpC7O

Edited by BCR#1
1 hour ago, BCR#1 said:

I doubt I'll be able to post a pic of the sight as it says my pics are too large for posting. I wonder if benefactors get more pic space?

You might want to check out IMGUR.COM. It's free and it won't matter what size the pictures are.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Holosun is killing me with the delays on the 508T V2 being available.   It played out like this with the first gen 508T also, though.  They announced it nearly a year before it actually made it into stores and then it was only available  for about 6-7 months before they stopped producing them to ramp up for the V2.  🙄

I was recently looking for my first rmr to try out and saw some reviews for the 508T V2.  It has good reviews, but as outlined, not out yet.  I ended up going with the Leupold Delta Point Pro 2.5 as it seems many like it vs the Trijicon for not having the blue hue to it.  I am not carrying it, so being indestructible wasn't my primary goal.

Anyone have the 507 and able to compare it to the Leupold by chance?  Just curious if there is a major difference.  The price difference between the 508T V2 ($349 is what I have found most common) and what I paid for the DPP ($399) didn't seem to be worth worrying about a wait.  If the 507's are comparable and the price goes down when the 508 actually makes it out.  I may buy a couple more just to have.

Thoughts from those more experienced with these? 

On 6/25/2020 at 12:59 PM, BCR#1 said:

I found a plate set-up on line and drove down to Kenzie's this morning to pick up my new sight. I doubt I'll be able to post a pic of the sight as it says my pics are too large for posting. I wonder if benefactors get more pic space? ANYWAY, I bought the HE407C-GR . It was the only model green dot in stock until at least August for some reason.

Bill

https://imgur.com/a/sQfpC7O

Wow.  That's really high up there.  You should keep looking around for mounting solutions.   I know that the Burris mount is much closer to flush and I know it works with the Burris dots and the Vortex dots.   Maybe you can adapt one of these to your holosun if it doesn't use the same hole pattern? 

Oh, even better.  I just found the same style mount for your dot while I was looking for a picture to share. 

https://farrow.tech/ruger-mkii-iii-iv-low-profile-red-dot-moun/