Holosun's 2020 New Products

I finally got my RSMc back from Shieldsights. They sent a new one, which is working fine now, so far. If it fails again, I'm going to look at the 407k for a replacement,  as it fits the footprint,  with mods having to be made to the 4 mounting posts. Not a major thing.

Thing is, Holosun keeps moving the release date up. Time will tell.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

I finally got my RSMc back from Shieldsights. They sent a new one, which is working fine now, so far. If it fails again, I'm going to look at the 407k for a replacement,  as it fits the footprint,  with mods having to be made to the 4 mounting posts. Not a major thing.

Thing is, Holosun keeps moving the release date up. Time will tell.

if the K versions have the same durability as the C/T variants they will be a hit for sure.  I was bummed when I got the notification my pre order was delayed again.

On 7/7/2020 at 4:36 PM, Links2k said:

I just ordered two HE507C V2 Elite Green.  Waiting on the 508T V2 Green to come along now.

Please let us know what you think of the green when you get them. I don’t know if they still are, but they were charging more for the green. I question that green would be any easier to see than red, but I haven’t tried it. Or if it is, is it substantial?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

Please let us know what you think of the green when you get them. I don’t know if they still are, but they were charging more for the green. I question that green would be any easier to see than red, but I haven’t tried it. Or if it is, is it substantial?

Don't know if this helps. It is easier to see...
Green is always more. Most companies always charge more for green. Hi visibility, etc..

I have 4 suns now.
510C in Red
510C in Green
407HS Red
407C V2 Green...

All work very well.

Edited by BHunted
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Gladly. They should be here Monday afternoon.
 I like the green  reticle on the Holosun 515 that I put on my MPX-K, and I use green Crimson Trace lasers.   Green seems to catch my eye faster, so it’s worth the few extra bucks for me. 

Edited by Links2k
1 hour ago, BHunted said:

Any reason you guys are holding out for the 407K? 

Speaking for myself, only, the 407K is the only one I know of that fits the footprint on my

Wather PPS M2. It now has the Shield RSMc, which I recently got back from warranty ( took months ). As long as the Shield is working ok, I'll stick with it. If it goes belly up again, I will go with the 407 K.

So, that's my reason, others, don't know. Hope that helped.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So if the Trijicon product was $50 cheaper, would you pay up?

I haven't done any recent price checks, but recall the Holo's were $100-$150 less expensive.

Side note, I have a BMR (Browe version) on order, still have not actually shot a dot equipped pistol other than a dry  fire demo using @Cruel Hand Luke G19 with RMR. My initial impression was, "not sure I'm going to like this." 

But, trust the dot

https://gatdaily.com/trust-the-dot/

I really like them on my AR and 9mm PCC.

Edited by A.J. Holst
4 hours ago, A.J. Holst said:

So if the Trijicon product was $50 cheaper, would you pay up?

I haven't done any recent price checks, but recall the Holo's were $100-$150 less expensive.

Side note, I have a BMR (Browe version) on order, still have not actually shot a dot equipped pistol other than a dry  fire demo using @Cruel Hand Luke G19 with RMR. My initial impression was, "not sure I'm going to like this." 

But, trust the dot

https://gatdaily.com/trust-the-dot/

I really like them on my AR and 9mm PCC.

Price wasn’t a factor.  I have several RMR’s. I’ve mostly used prism scopes and more recently green instead of red lasers over the last few years.  The green Holosun dots and reticles are pretty crisp. Time will tell on Holosun durability.

Edited by Links2k
  • Thanks 1

I snagged a 407K for my P365XL last week, and I liked it so much I immediately ordered a 407C to replace the Romeo 3 on my 22/45 Lite.  I have astigmatism, and these are the first red dots I've seen where the dot actually looks like a circle instead of a star.  

50225124253_42c3a00d2f_c.jpg

50225992807_aa27071bde_c.jpg

• Like 7
21 hours ago, LawVol said:

I snagged a 407K for my P365XL last week, and I liked it so much I immediately ordered a 407C to replace the Romeo 3 on my 22/45 Lite.  I have astigmatism, and these are the first red dots I've seen where the dot actually looks like a circle instead of a star.  

Amazing isn't it? Like I mentioned, I tried them all and was a die hard Trij and Aimpoint fan... These are the ONLY ones playing nice with my astigmatism.. Have fun...

• Like 2
  • Administrator
On 8/14/2020 at 9:51 AM, LawVol said:

Astigmatisms are hell on red dot usage, but I've found that if you focus heavily on the target, the dot will stop "blooming" quite so much even with the red dot sights that seem particularly worse about it.

• Like 1