Is it legal to purchase alcohol while carrying a firearm? As in from the grocery store, convenience store or liquor store. I would never consume alcohol while carrying but on occasion like a cold drink in the comfort and safety of my home. Just not clear if it is legal to purchase while carrying. 

It is legal. First few years of permit it was not legal to enter any place that sold or served.

• Like 1

I've had my carry permit for 25 years, just haven't stayed up to date with the changes in laws like I should. My youngest son just got his carry permit so that got me thinking I needed to study up and the laws. He keeps me on my toes. Lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Will said:

sold or served.

Are you sure about the sold part?

12 minutes ago, 1967GT said:

Is it legal to purchase alcohol while carrying a firearm? As in from the grocery store, convenience store or liquor store. I would never consume alcohol while carrying but on occasion like a cold drink in the comfort and safety of my home. Just not clear if it is legal to purchase while carrying. 

1 minute ago, 1967GT said:

I've had my carry permit for 25 years, just haven't stayed up to date with the changes in laws like I should. My youngest son just got his carry permit so that got me thinking I needed to study up and the laws. He keeps me on my toes. Lol

Sure its legal. It’s illegal if you are intoxicated. Intoxicated is determined by the cop; there is no BAC like there is for DUI. If there is an issue with you, liquor and a gun in your house; there is more going on than you having a cold drink in the comfort and safety of your home.

Totally understand that. When I say have a cold drink in my home its very limited.  I'm not going to be intoxicated.  Also every one in my household is trained for such incidents as someone breaking into the house. There  is always someone available to deal with a situation. If someone breaks into my home they need to be more concerned about the dog than me! 

It’s perfectly legal to carry and purchase for off-premise consumption.  Obviously couldn’t purchase alcohol while armed if your intent is to consume it on premise. I guess you could buy and deliver a drink for another adult to consume.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 10:10 PM, hughd said:

Are you sure about the sold part?

When the state took over the permitting process you could not carry into an place that sold.   That was changed a few years later.  You can now carry where it's sold and served.

Can carry and buy but no alcohol in blood!

Do not drink and drive/carry/have sex.

All 3 can cause long term problems for you!  😵

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 3/1/2020 at 7:10 PM, DWARREN123 said:

….

Do not drink and drive/carry/have sex.

All 3 can cause long term problems for you!  😵

especially when combined!