Carry firearm

There are 3 that I carry regularly depending on what I'm doing and how I dress. 

Colt Commander .45acp

S&W 642 .38 Special

Colt Mustang XSP .380acp. 

However, every now and then I get a wild hair and might carry anything from a .25acp to a .45 Colt just for the Hell of it. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Sometimes a Glock 17, when I'm wearing a jacket. Most of the time a M&P Shield 9mm. Always OWB in a Blackhawk Serpa holster. I can conceal "good enough" with even the 17 and a untucked shirt or jacket. I've tried several IWB, and they just don't fit me. 

• Like 1

My primary these days tends to be my S&W 9mm Shield.  I find it far more "shootable" than a gun this size should be. ;)

I've carried my G19 for over 20 years now. It's like an old friend, but age is creeping up on me rapidly and the Shield simply takes less thought and effort to comfortably carry.

But I have one of my LCR's in a pocket as a secondary, sometimes a primary for NPE carry. Love my wheelies!

I still want to pick up an LCP for those times when deep concealment is required. But money is tight these days...

22 hours ago, Snaveba said:

Shield 9mm or Shield 45 at the moment. Just got a M&P 9mm compact. Once I am familiar with it, it may replace the Shield 9mm. 

I have been courting the P365 as an option. 

The Compact is a real nice carry option, looking into the VP9sk when I can afford it

• 1 year later...

Hey all,

My normal EDC is a Glock 34 with some light custom work on it. It works well with my body type and with a Tier 1 Concealed AIWB and all of the appropriate wings and wedges. I also carry a spare mag in a Blade-Tec OWB behind the left hip. 

If I am wearing shorts and a more fitting t-shirt I may go to a S&W M&P 2.0 Compact or a G19.

These fit my lifestyle and the G34 is carried religiously everyday.

Thanks for the good topic. I like to see what everyone likes to tote.

• Like 2

Most of the time G43 in IWB kydex holster. Ameriglo Spartan Operator nightsights. It just disappears with the flush mag and feels like a part of me. I always have extra mag as well. I am very pleased with the way the G43 carries. 

In the woods it’s a G20 with the same Ameriglo Spartan Operator nightsights as my G43. I like having the 10mm in the woods, and I carry OWB in a Safariland ALS full retention holster. Works well for me. 

I go old school when I’m on the horse checking my farm fences. Then its a Cimmaron SAA clone 45LC in western leather holster. Uberti 1873 clone 45LC in the scabbord of course 🙂 

Those are my 3 main scenarios for carry. I pretty much always have one of those 3 on me when I’m not at work.

• Like 2

(1)Taurus 357Mag/38 Spl SS 7 shot 2" brl revolver stocked with 357 Mag Cor Bon DPX, since Cor Bon manufactured that ammo, for the last 12 years. (2) Have delved into MP 9 MMC  2.0 for the last 5 years and (3) a lastly purchased MP 9MM EZ IWB for the past 1 years. Only have 200 rounds through this one and would like a few more. So far no failures with any of these, and Comfortable with all of them. Mostly practicing with a 22 Lr S W mdl 317 revolver, and Sig Mosquito semi auto in 22 LR,  because of ammo crunch. Preserving my stash of larger caliber ammo. Who knows when this the ammo shortage will end. 

Have proof tested all of them, and they are reliable, fit my hand, have substantial power, and I have confidence in them, but have concerns because of my failing abilities as I get older. This ammo shortage is not helping my confidence either because of lack of practice with bigger handgun calibers.  Only shooting them a couple times per year. The 22LR practice keeps trigger finger in shape though. Trigger press is serious, IMO. 

• Like 1