Aftermarket Pistol Sights - best type/brand

I personally use TruGlo TFO/TFX on all my pistols. Night sights are great especially in the green/yellow combo and the FO works especially well in day light or low light (indoor). 

I'm also intrigued with the Ameriglo Combative Application sights for quick combat type shooting.

Edited by Smith

I don’t use sights for defensive shooting, but I would really like to have a set of adjustable white outlined sights for my M&P’s for target shooting. LPA makes them for Glock and Sig, but none for the M&P. I emailed them and ask for them, but they told me… No, use the worthless 3 dot sights that came on them. So now I hate them. :cheers:

DmgC5Nz.jpg

New product from Shot

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/shot-show-has-triclops-sights-shot-the-jumped-shark/

If you choose to be the TGO crash dummy, keep us posted!

On a more serious note,

My CZ SDP is equipped with Heine Straight 8s...hate 'em

CZ 75B, oem night are TruGlo (I think) still bright on my '08 model. Past 15/20 yards the front blade is a huge block.

I have an APX RDO on the way, I'm leaning RMR for defensive shooting. +50, failing eyesight both near and far.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
2 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I’ll pass on the 4 dot monstrosity. 

If they sell to anyone other than the maker’s mothers and grandmothers I will be astounded and that’s hard to do when it comes to seeing what people spend on gun accoutrements.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, A.J. Holst said:

I have an APX RDO on the way, I'm leaning RMR for defensive shooting. +50, failing eyesight both near and far.

I feel your pain buddy.

I have an RMR on my 17 and it dramatically improved my groups, especially at distance. But I've put a lot of dry fire practice into it, still do. Consistent presentation and all of that. But I have been amazed at what improvement it makes at distance.  I have astigmatism, so I have to be careful I don't have the dot dialed up too bright at distance (50 yds +), but closer it's a nonissue. It;s nice to be able to simply target focus. Pick up the dot and press. Nice.

I have HD's on my G 19 and Ameriglo CAPS on my G 26 and S&W Shield. I'm happy with those choices.

When proven out a bit more, I am considering one of the Holosun RDS for my G 26 and/or my S&W Shield...maybe both. Time, and money, will tell.

• Thanks 1

Gamer guns have Warren Tactical Sevigny Competition plain black rear and fiber optic front with some combination of wider rear notch/narrow front sight.  Have a couple carry guns with the same setup.  Also have plain black Ameriglo or Dawson rear with wider notch and .125" tritium front on other carry guns.  I despise dots or outlines on a rear sight--just a distraction.   

Dawson Precision doesn't sell a plain black rear/tritium front set, but they sell each separately. 

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 1