Red Dot for a Shotgun

I am looking for firsthand recommendation of a dependable red dot to mount on my TS-12.  The Sig Romeo 5 has been fine and I like the shake awake feature, but I want something larger than the 2 MOA dot.  I'm not finding much, certainly not at the price point I'd like to be at, in the way of a 6 MOA dot and very little in the way of a 4 MOA dot.

Any suggestions?

Laugh & throw derisive comments my way, but I've got one of these OFF THE AMAZON!! mounted on my HD/hog shotgun. It's only a crapper maverick 88 but it's been fed nothing but heavy buck & slug loads. The-Little-Sight-That-Could has survived more than 200 shots without the slightest zero shift. 

It's your typical red/green turn the battery knob job, but I've been astonished by it's reliability & consistency. I believe it's a 4moa dot too.

20200108_102453.jpg

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Tuffus said:

I have one of these on my Mossberg Persuader. 6 MOA. Very quick target acquisition. Comes with a lifetime warranty, even if you run over it with a car.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/vortex-venom-red-dot-6moa-1x-magnification-vmd-3106.html

That is what I purchased. A little more money than I wanted to go with, but by once, cry once.

Thank you for the suggestions

• Like 2

Well, folks, despite the old school thinking, and just plain apprehension, red dots are making their way into the gun market, pistol, rifle, shotgun. I have a Shield RSMC 4 moa on my Walther PPS M2 9mm, that I carry everyday. Works good, no complaints.

On my bucket list for this yr., sometime ( money ), is a Henry lever action 45/70 carbine. This thing is a beast on both ends. I plan on using either a red dot or holograph on it. Reviews & first hand experience from those that have one are pleased.

These are especially helpful with old eyes like mine, so go for it. JMHO

10 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

These are especially helpful with old eyes like mine, so go for it.

Getting my first RDO pistol for this very reason.

Don't quite need readers, but I'll take every advantage available.

The dots on my AR and HiPoint Bullpup changed my life.

Burris FF3 and Millet SP1 respectively.

Just a front bead on the trusty 870 Tactical, so good info in this thread, thanks for posting.

Looking forward to researching and getting opinions on pistols dots over the next few weeks.

4 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

PSA has $50 off the 3MOA Vortex Venom using code VENOM. It ends at noon tomorrow. $197.54 delivered.

VmroNlM.jpg

That deal has been ending tomorrow for well over 3 months. I got mine back in October and that was after fretting over it forever.  :lol:

1 minute ago, Garufa said:

That deal has been ending tomorrow for well over 3 months. I got mine back in October and that was after fretting over it forever.  :lol:

I just thought I would pass it on. I have one and need another one. But I think I’ll wait on these Holosun V2’s. Word is they are gooder than all the others.