Steyr Scout

KahrMan

As a lover of (almost) all things Steyr, I would love to have one, but haven't been quite able to talk myself into one.  I think I'd have to go with 6.5 Creedmoor if I were going to pull the trigger on one.

The whole scout rifle concept is intriguing and it's really the only reason to pay the premium for this one.  Otherwise, something like a Bergara makes a lot of sense.

I've shot lotsa rifles in my time... The greatest one I ever held or shot was an Anchultz 22 Hornet sporter... I'm thinkin the Steyrs are in the same league... Good luck with the " mania " Brother..  I can't wait ta hear about the " Range Report "..!

leroy...

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Pickaroon said:

The forward mounted scope idea is silly IME. Try somebody else’s before you drop the coin like I did.

Well my favorite gun is a 16” Marlin 1895 with a scout scope mount. I actually like that type of setup. 
DSCF0042.jpg

• Like 4

I have long  been a scout rifle fan.  I have used the Steyr Scout rifle and really like it.  Currently I have the Ruger version.  As much as I like the concept and have embraced it in the past, I have recently begun to reevaluate things.  In this day and age of LPVO, low powered variable optic, scopes, I think some of the benefit of the scout scope concept is lost.  I am continuing to evaluate the two options.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.