Armslist kicked off FaceBook & Instagram

I got this email from Armslist today.

Yesterday, we woke up to some seriously bad news. Without warning, both our Facebook and Instagram pages were completely removed. We’re sending this newsletter as a call to arms, to ask you for your help in recovering our pages.

What can I do?

We’re appealing for everyone to file a report stating that you can no longer access our pages at instagram.com/armslist and facebook.com/armslist.

You can file this report by clicking either of the links below

Never knew they were even on. I don’t use FB, Instagram, or Twitter.

their rules and such....

but more often then not most agencies use these “applications” to shell out evacuation notices, shelters or other important info. Its really becoming to tied to goverment then I prefer, almost forced to use if you need fire shelter locations...

there are FB links I have clicked that require a login or you get very limited info never needed to look for evac areas, but hope I wouldn’t need an account. Twitter your boxed out unless you have an account or it’s pretty limited from what I have gathered

• 1 year later...

I just got kicked of FB, too, after having an account for just one or two days. I've always avoided it, but recently I wanted to contact a couple of people about motorcycles that were for sale on FB marketplace. So I set up an account with no other purpose but to be able to contact marketplace advertisers.  I contacted two sellers and did absolutely nothing else, and I got a message telling me I'd violated FB policy, but no explanation. That's fine, I was hesitant to set up an account anyway and I found the bike I wanted so all is well as far as I'm concerned. My messages contained no political statements at all, and I never use profanity, so who knows what's in the mind of FB monitors?

Of course I'm sure they banned Armslist because of selling firearms, which is a blatant political choice on their part. Yeah, they're a private company, but there's definitely a difference given their humongous presence. 

Edited by Darrell
  • Like 1
  • 6 months later...

It's the twitter like site started by one of Trumps old advisors.  

A brand new social media platform founded on the principles of free speech, independent thought and rejecting political censorship and “cancel culture.”

Edited by Hozzie
  • Haha 1
  • Administrator
9 minutes ago, Hozzie said:

It's the twitter like site started by one of Trumps old advisors.  

A brand new social media platform founded on the principles of free speech, independent thought and rejecting political censorship and “cancel culture.”

Ah.  Well.

I hate the stranglehold that the leftists have on social media, but they tend to own Big Tech because conservatives and moderates have repeatedly ceded ground to them in all areas of life.  It sounds like Gettr will suffer the same problem that has plagued all of the other upstart media outlets.  Namely, people like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter because the majority of people, organizations and causes that they care about are on those established platforms.  The majority of people, orgs and causes aren't making "the big switch" to the alternative outlets.

Until they do, the traffic will stay where they are.

5 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Ah.  Well.

I hate the stranglehold that the leftists have on social media, but they tend to own Big Tech because conservatives and moderates have repeatedly ceded ground to them in all areas of life.  It sounds like Gettr will suffer the same problem that has plagued all of the other upstart media outlets.  Namely, people like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter because the majority of people, organizations and causes that they care about are on those established platforms.  The majority of people, orgs and causes aren't making "the big switch" to the alternative outlets.

Until they do, the traffic will stay where they are.

There are a few big names that have joined Gettr, Rumble, and other platforms due to their content being censored or demonetized.  But I agree it will take a concerted effort for these platforms to break the monopoly, but this is the best time for it to happen as more and more people get fed up with their policies.