Guidance on CC with a jacket and tie

I assume some or many cc with a jacket and tie.  Just the other day I looked in the mirror for my final check before leaving and noticed what looked like a bread basket on my hip under my jacket.  EZ 380 OWB.  I wear and will be wearing a nice clothes for the foreseeable future . Looking for guidance on how to address this.  Tweak my current  3-4 o-clock to 4-5?   Carrying one in my slacks pocket is difficult as I have no hips and my slacks would be around my ankles.  Even on the hip I have to pull my dress belt purty snug as it is.   Are there posts somewhere already to address this issue which may by the way be affecting some others who will benefit from the info?  Thank you very kindly for any helpful info provided.

mmirob      I will try adjusting to 4-5 as a quick and easy test.

peejam       Leather slide holster by G.  D'ambrose of Tombstone.    Yes, what I saw in the mirror was "absurdly obvious"   A howitzer on my hip. Thus the impetus to make a change.

Defender    I am not sure if I'm ready for suspenders😬

Grayfox      As mentioned above a brown leather basket weave slide holster  by G. D'ambrose of Tombstone AZ.  Picked up on one of my motorcycle trips to the west coast.  Yes, my standard dress belt needs upgrading.

A.J.             I looked at Goodrich and Gould and those are and upgrade.  As you pointed out to pay attention to the basics and measured my belt loops.  The site says they are 1.75in belts and my loops on my slacks measure 1.75.   

I will keep you informed.  There may be countless young men that are helped by the guidance above.   What more noble thing than to "always be a teacher"?

Morgan88

Edited by Morgan88
spelling correction
2 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

My guess is that you're using the wrong holster. And the dress belt is completely wrong. A proper concealment holster and a good gun belt to support it can make even large guns disappear. 

I can carry a CZ 75B with a suit or sport coat at 830/9 (left handed) and it is virtually undetectable.

Goodrich and Gould black leather belt is as dressy as any, it's thick, so be aware of belt loops, they ain't spec'd

• Like 1

Yes, simply switch to 4-5 position.  Re-check in mirror.  Big difference.  Another benefit is that it appears that you are retrieving your wallet when presenting firearm from 4-5.

Goodrich and Gould black leather belt is as dressy as any, it's thick, so be aware of belt loops, they ain't spec'd

Tried the shifting to the 4-5 today and it worked great even with an inadequate belt.

Dress belt from Goodrich and Gould is on the way.

Thank you very kindly fellas.

Morgan88

shoulder holster.  works everytime with a jacket and tie.  works everytime with any jacket.  works everytime with a vest.  works everytime with a cover shirt.  just works.  don't go cheap.  a good name brand shoulder holster.  a cheap holster is just that, "a cheap holeter". 

Edited by frankmako