In church

Morgan88

I wonder if there will come a day  the pocket for the hymnals on the backs of the pews, will have a built in holster?   From what I've seen there aren't that many young people in church these days. Would require a lot of re-holstering which has its pardon the pun drawbacks.   From what I've seen people sit in the exact same spot every Sunday.  Maybe just where the security teams each set?   Or some variation of the idea?

Morgan88

Gregg in your situation I understand.  That is great to hear. I have visited several church's since I moved here in July and my experience is very few aren't on social security.  In my church the opposite. Most are on social security.  Don't have any trouble finding a seat either.  Gregg has good news!!  

Edited by Morgan88
added info

The hollowed book might be a good idea for a static gun/ gun handling situation (like at home, on a shelf) but I think church might be too dynamic for it to be safe.

Finding the next hymn, going up to take communion, passing a tythe plate or basket are all opportunities to shift that book in your hands and potentially drop it. And I don't think you'd want to leave it in the hymnal/ Bible pocket, either.

1 hour ago, TomInMN said:

The hollowed book might be a good idea for a static gun/ gun handling situation (like at home, on a shelf) but I think church might be too dynamic for it to be safe.

Finding the next hymn, going up to take communion, passing a tythe plate or basket are all opportunities to shift that book in your hands and potentially drop it. And I don't think you'd want to leave it in the hymnal/ Bible pocket, either.

7 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

Wear it on your person like you normally do. I can see many things going bad on the back of a church pew, or in a book, etc. You lose a degree of control there. JMHO

Never mind, I will keep things to myself. 

9 hours ago, Morgan88 said:

I wonder if there will come a day  the pocket for the hymnals on the backs of the pews, will have a built in holster?   From what I've seen there aren't that many young people in church these days. Would require a lot of re-holstering which has its pardon the pun drawbacks.   From what I've seen people sit in the exact same spot every Sunday.  Maybe just where the security teams each set?   Or some variation of the idea?

Morgan88

Better than half our congregation isn't old enough to buy a can of snuff. Keep it in your pocket or holster is my opinion.

• Like 4
On 2/5/2020 at 6:04 AM, Morgan88 said:

Morgan88

Gregg in your situation I understand.  That is great to hear. I have visited several church's since I moved here in July and my experience is very few aren't on social security.  In my church the opposite. Most are on social security.  Don't have any trouble finding a seat either.  Gregg has good news!!  

Dumb.jpg

I had to, sorry :) Terrible idea removing your gun from it's holster in a public place and putting it on the back of a chair. Keep that thang on you.

Edited by felinesNfreedom
4 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

Got White castle in the grocery stores here. And the closest drive thru is a few miles down the road. Krystal is almost as rude anyway

Got’em in the stores here as well.  Regardless, I thought this was settled long ago. The only White Castles in The South are in Nashville thanks to “you people”. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

My wife brought the closing of the Madison Krystal to my attention, so I did a little google thing and found that out. Saddens me. I'm not a White Castle fan. Just don't taste the same to me.

Get the urge for a bag of Krystals every few months. Then remember that night why I shouldn't eat them. lol

• Haha 1