Less smelly gun cleaning solvent options

So,

Apparently my wife does particularly care for the smell of Hoppes #9 wafting through the house when I clean my pistols.

What other gun cleaning solvents does the TGO collective recommend that may have less (as my wife would say) “pungent” odor. 

I will echo the responses for M-Pro 7. It works well and no smell. I switched to it years ago and recently switched my agency over to it. There is no smell and it does not leave your hands feeling like they have chemicals on them. 

I use G96, I like the smell and it does the cleaning and lub. I do have a water based cleaner that is almost odorless and does a great job, even better than G96 on really bad buildup. It is a store branded cleaner and I have know idea what it is. I used it before I moved and I have about half a bottle left so already wondering how I will get more. It has slight green cast.

• Like 1
On 2/11/2020 at 9:21 PM, Jeb48 said:

I use G96, I like the smell and it does the cleaning and lub. I do have a water based cleaner that is almost odorless and does a great job, even better than G96 on really bad buildup. It is a store branded cleaner and I have know idea what it is. I used it before I moved and I have about half a bottle left so already wondering how I will get more. It has slight green cast.

Is your G96 from Lone Survivalist? Been tempted to try some.

2 hours ago, Jeb48 said:

Use to buy it at Walmart or a couple different gun stores but it is getting harder to find on the shelf. Last I bought I got off Amazon.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FT6KT0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks. I'll be looking to try something else. Wife just doesn't appreciate the aroma of Hoppe's 9 in the mornings.

• Like 1