Mississippi House Bill 753

Just ran across this on YouTube and saw mention of Tennessee.  At the bottom of the bill there is a spot for Tennessee's Governor and other states Governors to sign.  I did a brief search and can't find anything in TN that is being proposed to go along with this aside from Tennessee House Bill 1407 which seems to died in committee in 2018.  Anyone else seen or heard anything about this?

Here is a LINK to the Mississippi bill.

Here is a LINK to the Tennessee bill.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Dirtshooter said:

So I am still trying to get my head wrapped around the fact that certain states like Colorado can legalize marijuana although it is against Federal law? But if it is a "gun" issue, it is Federal rule all the way???

Not a bit of anything to do with that weed can cross state lines. (same with guns; but you can get permission) The Feds haven’t pursed states allowing the sale of drugs. They could shut it down in every state that does it, and arrest all the people they want, on any given day. It all depends on who is running the Justice Department.

When Tennessee passed the TFFA they said it was legal for me to buy a suppressor made here without Federal involvement. Because I have a C&R FFL, I got a letter from the BATF that more or less said they would put me in prison if I did that.

I’m good with letting our state handle our gun laws. the Feds are going to be in charge of Background checks on guns purchased through FFL’s, and NFA items, Everything else is pretty much up to our state. I’m good with that and I believe its better than the alternative.

If we want laws changed; we have to get them changed. Passing legislation to ask LE to disregard a state or federal law isn’t fair to the people. It implies they won’t be arrested. Nothing could be farther from the truth. If the Feds want you; they will take you into Federal custody and tell the locals to go pound sand. No one will help you.

Edited by DaveTN