Where I've Been and Where I'll be (2020 Early Edition)

TGO David

Great news of the new baby, hope and pray all will be well with new daughter and your physical problems. Was dismounting a tractor a coupe of weeks ago and thought my foot was on the bottom step, actually on the next to bottom and did that long step fall, had to do the drop and roll but came up laughing because how easy it is to miscalculate something you have done thousands of times, at 73 could have been bad.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 2/12/2020 at 11:46 PM, hipower said:

Let me add my congratulation on the increasing family, David.

Also commiserating with you on the knee pains. I've had both knees replaced in the last 16 months. both surgeries went well. Until...the day I finished PT on the second one, the right knee.

That story had me wincing in pain!  Sounds about like my own luck, though.  :)

I am glad to say that I am probably 95% or better on my knee now.  The first week was terrible and consisted of keeping it elevated almost around the clock.  The second week it got a little better with a visit to TOA in Nashville for x-rays, an enormous Cortisone shot into the knee, and a really nice $150 Breg-brand knee brace.  The last half-week has been more like normal with quite a bit more mobility, infinitely less pain, and lessening stiffness.

I think within another two weeks I will be back to normal and able to start strengthening exercises again.

Thanks to all who expressed concern!

My daughter is doing very well but we are now facing sleep apnea problems with her due to the cleft in her soft pallet.  As we are learning, this is a common problem for children as young as her with a hole in the pallet, and it tends to go away as they grow older and absolutely goes away once the surgery is done to close the hole.

Of course, the problem in the meantime is making sure that the apnea spells aren't fatal. 

We're not getting a whole lot of sleep, but we have a retail-grade blood oximeter to alert us for now, and a medical grade one coming.  Unfortunately surgery just won't be an option for her until at least the end of November, so it's still going to be a long year.

• Like 3
On 2/13/2020 at 1:39 AM, xtriggerman said:

Big congrats on the new Daughter!!! Off course the fall couldn't happen at some latter date when things are settled out some. Now for some possibly good news for you and hipower.  About 6 years ago I damaged my left knee working some big ass logs for firewood, Didn't think much about it and thought I would wait it out. A month latter it was getting worse so I figured its time to see what I screwed up. nothing showed up in the xray. The Dr. I had was dr Frank Lombardo. A young ( latest & greatest) surgeon that specializes in hip & knee replacements. Clearly one of the very best surgeons in NY. He gave me a script that had to be mixed by a compounding Pharmacy that happen to be Willow Pharmacy in Madisonville, LA. They shipped me this cream for my knee and the stuff is like gold in its healing effect. At first it wasn't working for me until I put plastic wrap over the creamed up knee then 30 minutes with a heating pad over the plastic.  Before this I did everything as well as what they told you to do just without the cortisone shot. Do your self a favor and copy this stuff and see if your Doc will paper you for it.  Trust me this is great for non surgery damage to the knee parts.

C1 KETOPROFEN/BACLOFEN/CYCLOBENZAPRINE/GABAPENTIN/LIDOCAINE  20/2/2/6/2 % CREAM

FROM THE SUDDEN PAIN THAT WOULD OUT OF NO WARE STOP ME IN MY TRACKS with just walking or turning, I was self convinced I was going to need surgery of some sort.  Thank God for these new guys that are on top of the best meds. It took about 2 -3 weeks to be completely pain free. To this day, that knee has been normal.

So, get well soon! you know you got to be ready to run after that new gal of yours soon..... so get the cream!!!

Thanks for the information. I'll definitely check it out.