FN 509 Apex trigger job

Dropped an APex trigger in my FN 509. Feels much better but I am far from a trigger snob. I also used the jig for the “fn pin” if anyone is planning on a trigger job let me know you can use my apex jig.

i am mechanically adept but no gunsmith and it was pretty easy using the apex videos.

It feels lighter but not out of the ordinary light ( don’t have a gauge, rumor is 7 pound to 5) have not shot it yet and hoping for no problems.

Are you able to swap out springs?

I have not touched my MP yet. You running M&P OG or the 2.0?

On 2/22/2020 at 7:32 PM, Swang said:

It feels lighter but not out of the ordinary light ( don’t have a gauge, rumor is 7 pound to 5) have not shot it yet and hoping for no problems.

Are you able to swap out springs?

I have not touched my MP yet. You running M&P OG or the 2.0?

I don't know what an OG is but this is an earlier model 5 1/4.

I wouldn't be concerned Swang, the Apex trigger doesnt affect the striker energy as you dont change any springs. As long as the new trigger bar is raising the striker block clear (not a known problem with Apex 509 bars), you're golden.

Ray, what did you do to it? Did you go full comp springs including the striker spring and change the block to the Apex block? Some of them are on the short side so if you get drag on the striker you can have it. Are you using cheap ammo or the euro stuff (hard primers)?

The m&p kits magic is in the trigger return spring, sear geometry and sear spring. You can always go with the original striker spring and it only adds a little. My 2.0 has a 2.5lb trigger and it can light off the hard euro primers.

• Like 1

At one point I had 3 509s, all with Apex triggers.  Two of them were easy installs.  I had to have one of the pins removed by a gunsmith.  That was a nightmare.  Great triggers, though. 

Rarely shoot them, but really like them. 

On 2/24/2020 at 12:50 PM, Erich said:

I wouldn't be concerned Swang, the Apex trigger doesnt affect the striker energy as you dont change any springs. As long as the new trigger bar is raising the striker block clear (not a known problem with Apex 509 bars), you're golden.

Ray, what did you do to it? Did you go full comp springs including the striker spring and change the block to the Apex block? Some of them are on the short side so if you get drag on the striker you can have it. Are you using cheap ammo or the euro stuff (hard primers)?

The m&p kits magic is in the trigger return spring, sear geometry and sear spring. You can always go with the original striker spring and it only adds a little. My 2.0 has a 2.5lb trigger and it can light off the hard euro primers.

After staring at it for a couple of weeks I took it to a gunsmith.