Streamlight TLR-7A Compact Weapon Light

Recently I have been using Streamlight's TLR-7A compact weapon light.  I like it.  I am quickly becoming a fan of compact lights even on full size guns.  They make for a smaller overall package.  As technology improves we will see brighter and longer burn time compact lights.  While I do prefer to have as much light as I can get out of my weapon lights, the 500 lumens of the TLR-7A is sufficient. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Bringing back an old one here, @DBTN, appreciate the info and video. Picked up the 4" M&P 10mm yesterday with red dot and was looking to add a light. Your M&P9 and the video were the perfect example of what I'm going for. 

If I may, what holster are you using for that setup? The purpose of going with the 10mm is for carrying while hiking, most specifically when I'm out west. I'm thinking I'll want OWB for that. I was looking at the PHLSTER Floodlight but their holsters are for the bigger lights, not sure that really matters in the long run. 

Your welcome.  Glad you found the info useful.  I have a variety of M&P holsters.  Most of my holsters for use with a light are larger ALS holsters of various models.  The main gun I run the TLR7 on is my M&P Compact in the picture below.  The holster is from Cascadia Concealment.  I have found it to be a good general purpose/range holster.

Well done on the 10mm.  That is my next purchase.  Really like my Sig P220 single action 10mm but I am slowly putting dots on everything I can.  The M&P 10mm being dot ready really helps with that and I plan to have one soon.  The Sig was my constant companion last time I went to Yellowstone.  Next time it will be the M&P loaded with 200gr hard cast lead bullets from Underwood.

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

Edited by DBTN
  • Like 1

@DBTN, thank you again for the additional info. I ordered a Fury OWB prior to your feedback based on a lot of recommendations I had seen around here. That'll get me started and see how it does. Others I had looked at were more broad in the offerings of light customization but I'll definitely check out Cascadia too (quick glance, they already look like there may be less bulk/waste on the sides). 

On the Underwood side of things, my order from them is getting delivered today. Interesting note if you have any interest, I called them to ask a few questions and the guy I talked to recommended the 140gr Xtreme over the 200gr Hi-Tek - that's with the consideration that I'll be out West and Grizzly encounters are a real possibility. That really surprised me given the reading I had done on the round and how much everyone loves the Hi-Tek flat nose. Maybe the 140gr Xtreme is newer and just hasn't received the attention? They claim that while it won't penetrate quite as deep, this round will still go plenty deep and leave a far more vicious entry path along the way. Plus, with the 140gr, you'll theoretically have lower recoil for quicker and more accurate follow-up. Again, just passing along what I was told but given the details I've seen them put into their rounds and options, I'll take their word for it and hope I never need to test it. 

I looked at that round and contemplated it. Already had an existing supply of the 200 grain and was a little put off by the additional cost of the Xtreme keep us all posted on how it shoots.