Winchester 69A .22 (SPF)

221 Fireball

One of the nicest 69A's I think you'll find. The walnut stock is unbelievably nice considering that this was the middle grade Winchester under their flagship Model 52. Chambered for short, long and long rifle.

I've feed this a steady diet of CCI CB Longs and it's almost like shooting suppressed ... and deadly accurate to boot. My backyard safari rifle for the past 10 years. Squirrels fear this rifle. :)

A little history: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Model_69

SOLD

IMG_5202.JPG

IMG_5187.JPG

IMG_5191.JPG

IMG_5192.JPG

IMG_5195.JPG

IMG_5198.JPG

IMG_5200.JPG

IMG_5186.JPG

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually kept score with this one ... for awhile. I had a marker and cardboard box by the gun rack in the garage. Every squirrel got a slash (base ball score hash). When I hit 100, I stopped marking it. It has waaaay more squirrel kills than that. Everyone with a CB Long.

Never took it beyond the backyard because I didn't want to scuff it up, used my vintage 10/22 Deluxe for those further out hunts.

I figured I'd put it out here for a Winchester collector. 1963 was the last year they made these, so it's old. Can't run down an exact year of manufacture because they didn't serial number the 69s. The stock had been refinished, but I believe the bluing to still be original because the the factory lettering is still so sharp and deep. No cracks on the butt plate either, which is rare. 

A classic! Only my lack of love for bolt guns keeps me from getting this. lol

A failing, I know; but I grew up shooting semiauto rifles and pistols. It really set me on a certain path. My first pistol to shoot was an Olympic, a High Standard competition model. And yes was Dad's pride and joy. The pistol...not me.

In any event, the Winchester 69 was, and still is the rifle to own in 22. (Subjective view. lol)

Buy it and meet Fireball...that alone is worth the price. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest OMCHamlin

The wife has one just about in exactly the same condition as yours. A true classic that I'm pretty sure she would laugh her butt off if you offered her $350 for it. I found a little 3/4" Redfield Junior for it years ago, accurate and looks perfect on that gun.  Good luck with your sale!

Noticing your screen name, I also have a first year XP100 in (of course) .221 Fireball. Haven't brought that out in years, maybe it's time to shoot it or sell it?  It's loud, I remember that much!

1 hour ago, OMCHamlin said:

The wife has one just about in exactly the same condition as yours. A true classic that I'm pretty sure she would laugh her butt off if you offered her $350 for it. I found a little 3/4" Redfield Junior for it years ago, accurate and looks perfect on that gun.  Good luck with your sale!

Noticing your screen name, I also have a first year XP100 in (of course) .221 Fireball. Haven't brought that out in years, maybe it's time to shoot it or sell it?  It's loud, I remember that much!

They're very loud, and appropriately named Fireball. Lot's of muzzleblast out of the 10" TC I use to own. I sold it and bought a CZ 527 in Fireball, which turns it into a very proficient cartridge in a rifle length barrel. I'm within 100 FPS of both my .222 & .223 with a LOT less powder. It's really an unsung cartridge, but those who've discovered it, find out its a giant killer. Here's a Texas hog I took with it. Drilled it in the forehead at 75 yards. Dropped in place. :) 

Walts boar2.jpg

Archived