Tn allowing residents to carry guns without permits new bill

ted

While this bill is not perfect, in my opinion to oppose it because it lacks this or that is idiotic.  You take this win and you build on it and get it the way you want it.

It's like offering a kid $10 and he says he dont want any because he wants $15.

Opposing something because it isnt exactly the way you want it is a recipe for never getting anything done.

States all around us have constitutional carry they didnt turn into Dodge City... I'm sure TN will be fine.

Luckily I didnt have to take a course to exercise my freedom of speech to write this... 

• Like 2

I do not have a great deal of schooling but I do have a real education. When someone unknown to me offers to give me something I am suspicious of their reason. There's a handful of things in this world that I'm not going to pay anybody for. This will not change anything for me but I have always thought it was wrong to connect a CCP with a license pate #. The fewer the lists that I'm on the better I like it. Peace out    

9 hours ago, trevorst said:

While this bill is not perfect, in my opinion to oppose it because it lacks this or that is idiotic.  You take this win and you build on it and get it the way you want it.

It's like offering a kid $10 and he says he don't want any because he wants $15.

You know,,,,,,, I agree with you completely. If a person  feels strong enough to get the permit he will do what he can to become proficient. Using the practical pistol matches available is a good way.

1 hour ago, Ray Z said:

If a person  feels strong enough to get the permit he will do what he can to become proficient.

I will have to disagree.

Too many permit holders in TN with no waiting lines at any gun range I am aware of.

Less than 5% of permit holders take a second class

Proficiency is apparently in the eye of the beholder, my recent trip to Bud's was interesting. I had no idea their paper targets had "don't hit center of mass consistently" instructions.

The tactical plan of "I think I'm good enough" works for a vast majority DGUs, I'm not that guy.

All of us firearms folks need to calm down a bit and remember that we are not the " firearms police "... We are armed citizens with an interest in firearms for protection and sport... The " firearms police " and the likes of some elements of the TFA are filling that role quite well in my view... We need this bill to pass...

Stop the quibbling about the details.   This is the first sensible forward move we've seen Tennessee legislature toward true constitutional carry since the civil war. 

Finally, Remember this:... "... You are responsible for you... Not the police, not the gubt, not your neighbor, not your language parsing political bill nitpickers and wannabes, not the firearms training subculture and its denizens... You..."...

That is all... leroy.

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

I'll remind everyone that not everyone who gets a carry permit feels that they need to train for combat. They want to feel secure otherwise there wouldn't be a market for belly guns.

If you didn't have a belly, you wouldn't need a belly gun, lmao! 🤣
(Proud owner of an old man belly,, lol)😄