Jimenez Arms Declares Bankruptcy in Wake of Lawsuit

Ronald_55

Jimenez Arms Declares Bankruptcy in Wake of Lawsuit

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/02/27/jimenez-arms-bankrupt/

On January 14th, 2020, TFB reported that the city of Kansas City, Missouri was suing Nevada-based handgun manufacturer Jimenez Arms. The January 7th lawsuit, filed with assistance from anti-gun group ‘Everytown for Gun Safety’ and their legal arm, ‘Everytown Law’, alleged that the company either intentionally or negligently aided and abetted a former Kansas City firefighter, James Samuels, in running an illegal gun trafficking ring along with several KC-local firearms dealers and retailers. Now in the wake of that lawsuit, Jimenez Arms has filed for bankruptcy. As of the time of writing, they have not responded to a request for comment.

Here is their website. They even have a video on their website called “Jimenez Arms JA 9 Review Budget or Junk”, if you can believe it. I especially liked the intro with him switching to shooting with his ball cap backwards and the gun sideways, and then to wearing a hoodie, with some AC/DC knock off playing in the background.

https://jimenezarmsinc.com/dealer-locator-2-2/

:leaving:

Here are some stories on the illegal sales, although they don’t really say how Jimenez was involved.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article220568445.html
https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article230943443.html

52 minutes ago, Omega said:

Well, I now own a collectors item, a Jennings .22 one shot semi-auto.  😀

Just because they are declaring bankruptcy doesn’t mean they are out of business. You could buy them and hire a bunch of forum members to work there. 🙃

• Haha 1

Hey, poor people are entitled to defend themselves too. Not everybody can afford a quality pistol. That's what keeps Hi-Point in business. ;)

Odds are they'll reorganize and maybe re-open under another name. But they'll still be around. 

I guess there's something to this lawsuit that we don't know. I don't see how a guy selling guns illegally makes the gun manufacturer liable? 

13 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

I don't see how they could make a gun manufacturer liable either. Its like suing a spoon company for getting people fat.

When they are accusing a gun manufacturer of shipping 26 guns to the home of someone, they knew was not a gun dealer; I don’t think that analogy applies. 🙃

49 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

I owned a Lorcin L380 several years ago. It shot ok but, never shot anything but 95 gr. fmj though. Barrel was welded to frame. 

I started to buy a 9mm Lorcin in college. Never got past handling it. I should have bought it if for no other reason than to kick off my gun collection much earlier in life.