All our Nashville area members ok?

I'm fine, my neighborhood not so much.  I live in Germantown next to the Sounds ballpark, and while my apartment complex was exceptionally fortunate, two others a block away were not.  It looked bad at 2am, I can only imagine how worse it'll look in daylight

Still without power, haven't slept all night, charged the phone in the truck a bit.  I've got some pics, but the news has mostly the same damage scenes. 

Some potent reminder of nature calling the shots last night.

• Like 4

Glad and happy for you, btq96r. I'm down Gallatin Rd, close to Briley Pkwy. We had a lot of rain later this morning after the tornado moved thru, but no damage I've been able to see yet. Going to walk up the street in a bit and see how the neighbors fared.

The first photos from Germantown and Five Points areas are just emotionally devastating. Again glad you were so blessed.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, hipower said:

Glad and happy for you, btq96r. I'm down Gallatin Rd, close to Briley Pkwy. We had a lot of rain later this morning after the tornado moved thru, but no damage I've been able to see yet. Going to walk up the street in a bit and see how the neighbors fared.

The first photos from Germantown and Five Points areas are just emotionally devastating. Again glad you were so blessed.

How close to nolensville pike did it get

16 minutes ago, dralarms said:

How close to nolensville pike did it get

I haven't heard any mention of the area. Guess we will find out more as the morning progresses. I did see a man who lived near Jefferson and Rosa Parks mentioned he drove from Antioch during the tornado, but no mention of any damage by him.

Just now, hipower said:

I haven't heard any mention of the area. Guess we will find out more as the morning progresses. I did see a man who lived near Jefferson and Rosa Parks mentioned he drove from Antioch during the tornado, but no mention of any damage by him.

Thanks. Praying for all involved 

• Like 1

My son was in a bar in 5 Points that got hit by the tornado.  They were right next to the Basement East music venue that got destroyed.  After the tornado passed they stepped outside and the first thing he saw was a women that had been killed by flying debris.  He then pulled a injured man out of a car.  A group of them were having a hard time getting his bleeding under control.  Fire dept. finally showed up and took over and walked the group to a safe space.  Physically he is ok but mentally he is pretty shook up.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Wow 3
1 hour ago, KahrMan said:

My son was in a bar in 5 Points that got hit by the tornado.  They were right next to the Basement East music venue that got destroyed.  After the tornado passed they stepped outside and the first thing he saw was a women that had been killed by flying debris.  He then pulled a injured man out of a car.  A group of them were having a hard time getting his bleeding under control.  Fire dept. finally showed up and took over and walked the group to a safe space.  Physically he is ok but mentally he is pretty shook up.  

That is the hardest stuff to deal with. Bad enough for first responders, let alone civilians. Hopefully he can take comfort in the fact that he provided what aid he could while waiting on emergency personnel. Even the most basic aid can make the difference in a lot of cases.  

As far as I have been able to gather my coworkers in the area are fine, but my employer has closed our Mt. Juliet location for at least today. That will keep the employees from endangering themselves and and at least remove a few people from the chaos.