Jump to content
Ronald_55

All our Nashville area members ok?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Woke up to the news of the tornado in Nashville. Reporting 5 dead so far.

Everyone ok?

Edited by Ronald_55

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fine, my neighborhood not so much.  I live in Germantown next to the Sounds ballpark, and while my apartment complex was exceptionally fortunate, two others a block away were not.  It looked bad at 2am, I can only imagine how worse it'll look in daylight

Still without power, haven't slept all night, charged the phone in the truck a bit.  I've got some pics, but the news has mostly the same damage scenes. 

Some potent reminder of nature calling the shots last night.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad and happy for you, btq96r. I'm down Gallatin Rd, close to Briley Pkwy. We had a lot of rain later this morning after the tornado moved thru, but no damage I've been able to see yet. Going to walk up the street in a bit and see how the neighbors fared.

The first photos from Germantown and Five Points areas are just emotionally devastating. Again glad you were so blessed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hipower said:

Glad and happy for you, btq96r. I'm down Gallatin Rd, close to Briley Pkwy. We had a lot of rain later this morning after the tornado moved thru, but no damage I've been able to see yet. Going to walk up the street in a bit and see how the neighbors fared.

The first photos from Germantown and Five Points areas are just emotionally devastating. Again glad you were so blessed.

How close to nolensville pike did it get

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Footage just coming through from Mount Juliet :o

Absolutely devastating news & tough to look at. I really hope everyone's ok.

If anyone needs any cleanup help, I've got a truck, trailer, chainsaw & all tomorrow off work.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dralarms said:

How close to nolensville pike did it get

I haven't heard any mention of the area. Guess we will find out more as the morning progresses. I did see a man who lived near Jefferson and Rosa Parks mentioned he drove from Antioch during the tornado, but no mention of any damage by him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hipower said:

I haven't heard any mention of the area. Guess we will find out more as the morning progresses. I did see a man who lived near Jefferson and Rosa Parks mentioned he drove from Antioch during the tornado, but no mention of any damage by him.

Thanks. Praying for all involved 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prayers for all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We just learned of this. Glad you're OK btq96r.

Praying for all of our Brothers and Sisters in the area. 

 

Edited by Jamie Jackson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s crazy how localized weather can be.  We’re just a couple of miles from there - and didn’t even really get heavy rain.

Hope everyone made it through okay.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Having grown up in tornado alley in Oklahoma I've seen some of the crazy things these can do. Death toll is up to 9 now :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Praying for all involved. We were spared here in Rutherford County(Lascassas) this time, as far as I know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, pop pop said:

Praying for all involved. We were spared here in Rutherford County(Lascassas) this time, as far as I know. 

But we did get a :poop: ton of wind and lightning in Lascassas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terrible news. atWkzUf.gif

I fear two things; wasps and tornados.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok in this part of the 'Boro as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Safe and a sound. Prayers to those affected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have a kid in Cookeville. He said the tornado went a bit south of his house.

 

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My son was in a bar in 5 Points that got hit by the tornado.  They were right next to the Basement East music venue that got destroyed.  After the tornado passed they stepped outside and the first thing he saw was a women that had been killed by flying debris.  He then pulled a injured man out of a car.  A group of them were having a hard time getting his bleeding under control.  Fire dept. finally showed up and took over and walked the group to a safe space.  Physically he is ok but mentally he is pretty shook up.  

  • Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Wow 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, I’m so sorry to hear that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just heard on the Ch. 17 news that the death toll overall, is now up to 19, several missing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gallatin checking in, ok here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prayers for Middle Tennessee!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knocking out railroad trouble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 Reported dead.  Prayers for everyone affected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KahrMan said:

My son was in a bar in 5 Points that got hit by the tornado.  They were right next to the Basement East music venue that got destroyed.  After the tornado passed they stepped outside and the first thing he saw was a women that had been killed by flying debris.  He then pulled a injured man out of a car.  A group of them were having a hard time getting his bleeding under control.  Fire dept. finally showed up and took over and walked the group to a safe space.  Physically he is ok but mentally he is pretty shook up.  

That is the hardest stuff to deal with. Bad enough for first responders, let alone civilians. Hopefully he can take comfort in the fact that he provided what aid he could while waiting on emergency personnel. Even the most basic aid can make the difference in a lot of cases.  

As far as I have been able to gather my coworkers in the area are fine, but my employer has closed our Mt. Juliet location for at least today. That will keep the employees from endangering themselves and and at least remove a few people from the chaos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines