Powell Auction (east TN) online only Gun Auction Mar 1-15th

I’ve bought a few things from these Powell auctions and got some decent deals. And you’re right about the descriptions as they typically make absolutely no effort to describe these.  My impression is that modern black guns seem to go too high but deals can be found on vintage guns. 

Edited by i1afli
  • Like 1

The site sounds like they have regular auctions, most bigger. Says there is a viewing time, has anyone ever showed up and looked at the guns you wanted to bid on? Wondered how accessible they were for inspection. I'm about 2 hours away but would drive over if they had something I was really  interested in, of course if you were successful it would be another trip to pickup. 

Where we moved from in NY I use to go to a live gun auction that was held 5 or 6 times a year about an hour away. They were an FFL so long guns you could take home with you but hand guns, because of NY's laws, we had to pay for then get it added to our permit then go back to pick it up usually 2 weeks later. A pain but sometimes had good deals. You could do hands on inspections for a couple of hours before the auction started. Bought several guns from them. Learned quickly to do the research ahead of time and make a list of what I was interested in with the top bid plus buyers fee that was still a good deal. First gun I bought was a new G19, I didn't do the list and got caught up in the bidding, still got ok deal but only saved about $10 over the local gun store and had to make the second hour long drive to pick it up instead of 15 minutes to my local dealer.

• Like 1

I live about 15 minutes from this auction site and have been there numerous times to inspect stuff.  The long guns are out on racks and you can freely pick them up and inspect them to your heart’s content and even take photos if you wish. The handguns are in glass cases but there is someone there to get them out for you to inspect, just like a gun store. 

Edited by i1afli
  • Like 2