Trump is coming to Middle Tennessee

Don’t try to go anywhere around Nashville on Friday.

I know all the presidents do this, and they think its expected of them, to show respect for those affected.

But all it does is shut down traffic and hamper those trying to get things restored.

President Trump, please send one of your representatives that they don’t have to shut the whole city down for and just send your respects on FOX news. I bet everyone regardless of party affiliation in the area would appreciate it.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, gregintenn said:

Putnam county would be a much more suitable place for a photo op on Friday afternoon.

Is there an airport around there that can land Air Force 1?

I think he will be coming in and out of Nashville. 

4 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Is there an airport around there that can land Air Force 1?

I think he will be coming in and out of Nashville. 

They could advance one of the Marine One helicopter's or have a National Guard UH-60 available to take him from BNA to Putnam County. 

I think he could have more real impact for those folks than he would being restricted in Nashville or Mt. Juliet.  We all know that Nashville will be given priority, because big city with more people, but those folks out in Putnam were hit so hard.  If nothing else, having every LEO or military person working the visit pick up some canned goods and a case of bottled water to leave on site is worth it.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DaveTN said:

President Trump, please send one of your representatives that they don’t have to shut the whole city down for and just send your respects on FOX news. I bet everyone regardless of party affiliation in the area would appreciate it.

I am with you Dave, I know he wants to let the people know he cares about them and will help. But if they would just think for a moment how much that trip costs and puts that towards the recovery effort, but too many would talk about him like a dog if he didn't show up. Can't win for losing sometimes

On 3/3/2020 at 3:51 PM, gregintenn said:

Putnam county would be a much more suitable place for a photo op on Friday afternoon.

The Baxter area and out through Highway 70 coming into Cookeville , got hit pretty hard. My sister and brother in law's house was damaged some and houses all around them were damaged. Its gonna be a long cleanup. 

My wife has a number of relatives in Cookeville. Fortunately they all live south of I40 out of the tornado path but of course have friends impacted. President Trump called the Cookeville mayor today. Had an old friend call from Jacksonville FL after seeing the news wanting a local charity to make a donation. The destruction and loss of life is terrible. The community response is huge. Go Volunteer State! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2020 at 12:20 PM, Quavodus said:

I just watched the live stream of Trump in Putnam, County. He's the first sitting President to visit Putnam.

I'm late to the party. But we stumbled upon his motorcade while we were heading in to town, it was pretty awesome to see. Marine 1 and 2 were here as well as 3 incredible Ospreys. There were Secret Service and probably every LEO in Putnam County. I honestly didn't know we had so many bike officers either. We got to watch him leave for town. Then we found a spot close to CHS where they landed and got to see the motorcade come back and then the 5 aircraft take off. Pretty awesome. They just made everyone get in their vehicles while the motorcade was arriving and during takeoff, but it was a pretty awesome sight.

• Like 1