Post pictures of your: 1911

BimmerFreak

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Thought I would revive this thread. I'm new here as well. My 1911 isn't as fancy as most others here.

I haven't done any custom work other than what came with it out of the box.31b8fa0a.jpg

Precision-fit forged frame, slide and barrel, front and rear cocking serrations, flat, serrated mainspring housing, lowered and flared ejection port, delta lightweight hammer, loaded chamber indicator, titanium firing pin, Carry Bevel Treatment, ambidextrous thumb safety, High-Hand Beavertail Grip Safety, dovetail front sight, Trijicon Night Sights, Torx-head grip screws and lightweight, adjustable speed trigger.d093e221.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Skyline034

Hero Custom 1911 with Caspian Frame and Forged Slide, Cylinder and Slide forged ignition parts, slide stop, and thumb safety, Wilson Combat Bullet Proof GS, Kart NM Hard Fit barrel flush fit/crowned, Custom Hero Trigger, Novak/Trijicon NS's, VZ Operator II grips in Black/Grey, Slide is Graphite Black Cerakote, Frame is Tungsten Cerakote. Jeff at Hero Guns knows how to build a quality piece.egehepus.jpgu6uneje3.jpg

Kimber Custom II....Bone Stock with the addition of Ed Brown Chainlink MSH, Meprolight Tactical Wedge NS's, and VZ Operator II grips in Black Desert Sand.agujymep.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
[img]http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae219/buckjamesk/20121204_095021.jpg[/img]
Springfield mil-spec with a few modifications performed by Predator Custom Shop in Knoxville. Cleaned up the trigger and brought it down to 4 lbs, tuned the extractor, installed a beavertail grip safety and commander hammer, and an extended thumb safety. They also refinished the frame in their Rhinohide ceramic coating. Shoots great!

My latest work of art from Tim Calhoun.  He keeps letting me design crazy stuff.  The rear serrations are my initials.  How many guys do you know with a monogrammed 1911?

http://www.calhouncustomfirearms.com/?p=160

Tim is the man! i still gotta cerakote and install sights on my colt he flat topped/did sight cuts for.  im thinking burnt bronze frame/graphite black slide. :D

• 1 month later...

Custom Colt Govt .45

Novak Fiber Optic Sights

Upswept Grip Safety

Elongated Slot Hammer

National Match Barrel

Slimline Grips

This is the new Colt CCG. It's in the new Colt catalog. The CCG was a Talo offering that found a place in Colts line up for this year.

It's very accurate and just as accurate as my Ed Brown KC, in my hands. However, I don't think is will replace the EB as my primary but it will be carried and I trust it.

ccgDSC_4118_zpsa4a34f07.jpg

4.jpg

Archived