Post pictures of your: 1911

BimmerFreak

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

What you talkin' 'bout, Willis?

Ok, now that that's over, very collection there. Now you need to call up Joe @ Hero-Gear and get into a Wilson Combat... that way you can have a nicer, even more well-rounded stable of custom 1911's.

I think we're expecting opinions... who's your favorite kid? :D

**BRENT**

What you talkin' 'bout, Willis?

Ok, now that that's over, very collection there. Now you need to call up Joe @ Hero-Gear and get into a Wilson Combat... that way you can have a nicer, even more well-rounded stable of custom 1911's.

I think we're expecting opinions... who's your favorite kid? :D

**BRENT**

Funny you should mention that, I talked with him about that earlier

I will be getting a CQB from him next year, I still have to pay off my Baer and Nighthawk, first, I love high end 1911's but they sure do get expensive!

Mike, the pistol is a plain old springer GI copy. The lantern is a Coleman 249 Scout (burns kero or gas) dating from the mid '40's that I 'customized'.

My dream gun is a Colt WWI or USFA 1911, high polish, and a touch of engraving... One day, I'll have it. Anybody wanna swap for an M1A, mostly GI parts (bought it about 15 years ago, when the GI parts were plentiful), with less than 20 rounds through it? Or an M4gery? I'll throw in a can of GI ammo and a dozen mags.

• Administrator
absolutely beautiful. but when uncle sugar comes looking what will one say. i believe all gun sites are monitered and recorded.

Who knows what the government monitors and records? You may be right, but if so... we've got bigger problems at hand than what we're going to say when they come looking to take away our guns.

My new slogan for the upcoming election year is: VOTE RTKBA

:)

• 2 weeks later...
absolutely beautiful. but when uncle sugar comes looking what will one say. i believe all gun sites are monitered and recorded. maybe this old man is just paranoid???????????

I really don't know what to think about that, but my 2nd ammendment gives me the right to legally purchase and own fine firearms, and I will continue to do so, that is one of the beautifull things about the USA :stir:

Support the NRA as I do, we definately need to keep our rights:cool:

I really don't know what to think about that, but my 2nd ammendment gives me the right to legally purchase and own fine firearms, and I will continue to do so, that is one of the beautifull things about the USA :)

Support the NRA as I do, we definately need to keep our rights:cool:

Some folks in Chicago, Illinois are wondering if it’s a 2nd amendment right, why it doesn’t apply to them. :stir:

They sent their money to the NRA. :popcorn:

Guest Verbal Kint

Most, if not all of you, have seen my recent thread about my new Kimber Pro CDP II that I picked up...

Pro-CDP-II.jpg

But I haven't posted any photos before of the Colt 1911 that was given to me by my late grandfather a few years before he passed, although I had mentioned it before and stated there was a story behind the gun.

From what he told me, it was a gift given to him by a fellow friend and sailor while in the Navy. He was at a range one day with friends, when one of them asked if he would be interested in joining the shooting team. My grandfather thanked him for the offer but told him that he didn't have a gun to shoot with and didn't have anywhere near the money to afford a gun, and unfortunately he would have to decline. The guy smiled, and handed him the handgun he was shooting, and told him to at least shoot a few rounds out of his gun and that he'd be right back. My grandfather thanked him, and went about shooting his friend's gun, while the man walked down the line out of sight. After a few minutes, the guy returned with a cardboard box and presented it to my grandfather. Inside was a brand new Colt National Match 1911. My grandfather, with a confused look on his face, mentioned that it was a beautiful handgun... but asked what it was for. His friend just smiled and laughed, and replied with "Well... that's your new gun. Keep shooting the target like you have been, and come out for the team, and we'll consider it even."

Story told... and fast forward several decades later... he passed the gun onto me. He pulled it out of one of his dresser drawers, which were riddled with handguns from long-ago... that he either picked up along the way, or took off of perps while serving on our cities police force (later becoming Chief of Police). He lead a simple life, and wasn't much for flashy things or technology... so the wooden drawer, rather than a gun safe, was fitting. Looking at the gun, obvious due to the wear and age, it wasn't the prettiest handgun that I had laid eyes on... but he guaranteed me that it would shoot true and serve me well, and cautioned me to the hair trigger he had worked. lol. I shortly came to find out how "hair" of a trigger it was, as you could breathe on it and it would toss lead downrange... and I remember the first shot I ever squeezed off, even though started at how light the trigger was, still pierced right through the bullseye at 10yds.

It's still tarnished and scratched, definitely needs a good cleaning, could probably stand to have some internal parts replaced for safety reasons, and definitely won't win any beauty competitions by today's standards... but I wouldn't consider getting rid of it for anything in the world. And now that my grandfather has passed... and I have this gun and the memories & stories to go with it... I was wrong. It's the best damn looking pistol I've laid eyes on. :)

Colt, Government Model, National Match 1911. Serial "C182XXX".

colt-1911-01.jpg

colt-1911-02.jpg

colt-1911-03.jpg

colt-1911-04.jpg

Most, if not all of you, have seen my recent thread about my new Kimber Pro CDP II that I picked up...

Pro-CDP-II.jpg

But I haven't posted any photos before of the Colt 1911 that was given to me by my late grandfather a few years before he passed, although I had mentioned it before and stated there was a story behind the gun.

From what he told me, it was a gift given to him by a fellow friend and sailor while in the Navy. He was at a range one day with friends, when one of them asked if he would be interested in joining the shooting team. My grandfather thanked him for the offer but told him that he didn't have a gun to shoot with and didn't have anywhere near the money to afford a gun, and unfortunately he would have to decline. The guy smiled, and handed him the handgun he was shooting, and told him to at least shoot a few rounds out of his gun and that he'd be right back. My grandfather thanked him, and went about shooting his friend's gun, while the man walked down the line out of sight. After a few minutes, the guy returned with a cardboard box and presented it to my grandfather. Inside was a brand new Colt National Match 1911. My grandfather, with a confused look on his face, mentioned that it was a beautiful handgun... but asked what it was for. His friend just smiled and laughed, and replied with "Well... that's your new gun. Keep shooting the target like you have been, and come out for the team, and we'll consider it even."

Story told... and fast forward several decades later... he passed the gun onto me. He pulled it out of one of his dresser drawers, which were riddled with handguns from long-ago... that he either picked up along the way, or took off of perps while serving on our cities police force (later becoming Chief of Police). He lead a simple life, and wasn't much for flashy things or technology... so the wooden drawer, rather than a gun safe, was fitting. Looking at the gun, obvious due to the wear and age, it wasn't the prettiest handgun that I had laid eyes on... but he guaranteed me that it would shoot true and serve me well, and cautioned me to the hair trigger he had worked. lol. I shortly came to find out how "hair" of a trigger it was, as you could breathe on it and it would toss lead downrange... and I remember the first shot I ever squeezed off, even though started at how light the trigger was, still pierced right through the bullseye at 10yds.

It's still tarnished and scratched, definitely needs a good cleaning, could probably stand to have some internal parts replaced for safety reasons, and definitely won't win any beauty competitions by today's standards... but I wouldn't consider getting rid of it for anything in the world. And now that my grandfather has passed... and I have this gun and the memories & stories to go with it... I was wrong. It's the best damn looking pistol I've laid eyes on. :)

Colt, Government Model, National Match 1911. Serial "C182XXX".

colt-1911-01.jpg

colt-1911-02.jpg

colt-1911-03.jpg

colt-1911-04.jpg

Now that is what I call a 1911! whatever you do, NEVER part with that, I am very envious of you, that is a thing of beauty!:)

Guest Swamp Rat

This is the purdist one I have but am in the process of trading it for a NIB Pre Safety Win94' in .45colt (also designed by John Moses Browning) AND a 98% Ruger Blackhawk (three screw, that has not been converted to transferbar safety) also in .45colt.

1947 Civie Model

16418107vn6.jpg

Archived