My old IVER JOHNSONS 22mag

JeffsSig

My very first handgun I bought it 1972-73 Been a great gun over the years Its starting to show its age as I didnt take care of it proper in my early years.

I am looking for the grip. Any place I should try to find one? Thanks

20200304_101113.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a Taurus K frame size 22 Mag pistol with a 3" brl 8 shot. It is SS and I really like it although the 22 Mag ammo is pricy to shoot it very much. I found using CCI ammo, and firing it 20' from a paper target, the 3" brl was not long enough to burn all the powder. I was getting unburned powder residue perforating my target. My son-in-law found some Speer 22 Mag ammo in the Short Barrell configuration and it fixed the problem of not burning all the powder in the short 3" brl. 

Yours looks to be a 4' or 5" brl. Just maybe your brl is long enough to burn all the powder. Just thought I would let you know  what a shorter brl has a tendency to do. If you are not burning all the powder one does not get the maximum performance out of the ammo load.

Try some of the auction sites. Gunbroker or e-bay have quite a few listed. But you need to know the model name or number. You may have to be patient and wait, but these things do pop up from time to time. ;)

BTW: I like it! :up:

Edited by Grayfox54
47 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Try some of the auction sites. Gunbroker or e-bay have quite a few listed. But you need to know the model name or number. You may have to be patient and wait, but these things do pop up from time to time. ;)

BTW: I like it! :up:

Hi and thanks for the help. No numbers on the gun cept the serial number.Ill keep looking thanks.

1 hour ago, pop pop said:

I have a Taurus K frame size 22 Mag pistol with a 3" brl 8 shot. It is SS and I really like it although the 22 Mag ammo is pricy to shoot it very much. I found using CCI ammo, and firing it 20' from a paper target, the 3" brl was not long enough to burn all the powder. I was getting unburned powder residue perforating my target. My son-in-law found some Speer 22 Mag ammo in the Short Barrell configuration and it fixed the problem of not burning all the powder in the short 3" brl. 

Yours looks to be a 4' or 5" brl. Just maybe your brl is long enough to burn all the powder. Just thought I would let you know  what a shorter brl has a tendency to do. If you are not burning all the powder one does not get the maximum performance out of the ammo load.

Thanks for that information. :) 

1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

I did a little research, it appears that you have a  55A Target Model.  However, the grips on yours seem to be correct. Are they broken? They look good from this side. 

yes the bottom front is busted out plus a crack half way down one side.

1 hour ago, hughd said:

Yes that Ebay one looks like it.......... Man I dont thik I paid much more than 39$ for it new...LOL

1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

I did a little research, it appears that you have a  55A Target Model.  However, the grips on yours seem to be correct. Are they broken? They look good from this side. 

Thanks for finding the info on it. :)