Ruger PC Carbine 19116

No experience with that particular version but the basic model (19100, slightly lighter and uglier) is just about the funnest carbine ever invented, second only to M1 Carbines.

Slap a Sig Romeo 5 on top and you might find yourself never shooting another rifle again.

And be ready to burn a whole lot of ammo.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 2

I have one of the base models (19109) I got back in Dec in 40 S&W since I have a crap ton of it and wanted a little more "power" than the 9mm.   

I highly recommend the rifle in whatever configuration you like.   It is a quality built rifle in my opinion.   Seems to hold zero when you break down the rifle.  I put an extended mag release on mine (you'll see why if you get one).    I also put a Vortex Crossfire compact red dot on it.   It's a hoot to shoot.   

They have many variants, so be sure not to get one of the State Compliant ones like you linked unless your location requires it.   

Edited by Trekbike
  • Like 1

I have one of the older Ruger 40 caliber carbines. It is stock and does not have all the furniture these have. I purchased it from a Sherriff deputy who had a massive heart attack, then had to sell it. Back then the Rutherford Sherriff  Dept carried these and Ruger 40 caliber pistols. Also when they first came out they were for law enforcement only, so I was told. I have had the one I got for 20 years or so. I traded a Ruger Camp Carbine 9 MM for this one because I wanted more power also, and yes, they are a hoot to shoot but ammo is expensive if you don't reload.

I have it loaded with an extra magazine and ready to go if I should need it in a hurry and I can get to it. I also have a Ruger Mini 14, and Mossberg 12 Ga, at the ready. I feel the Ga is number 1 choice for serious in house work should I be forced to use it. I had a 20 Ga but gave it to my grandson to hunt with. It had both an 18 1/2" and 24" brl. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, pop pop said:

I have one of the older Ruger 40 caliber carbines. It is stock and does not have all the furniture these have. I purchased it from a Sherriff deputy who had a massive heart attack, then had to sell it. Back then the Rutherford Sherriff  Dept carried these and Ruger 40 caliber pistols. Also when they first came out they were for law enforcement only, so I was told. I have had the one I got for 20 years or so. I traded a Ruger Camp Carbine 9 MM for this one because I wanted more power also, and yes, they are a hoot to shoot but ammo is expensive if you don't reload.

I have it loaded with an extra magazine and ready to go if I should need it in a hurry and I can get to it. I also have a Ruger Mini 14, and Mossberg 12 Ga, at the ready. I feel the Ga is number 1 choice for serious in house work should I be forced to use it. I had a 20 Ga but gave it to my grandson to hunt with. It had both an 18 1/2" and 24" brl. 

I have one of the original PCC 9s that I got from Steelharp a few years back. I like it, but don't seem to shoot it anymore. Maybe I should offer it for sale?

I like my Spacegun more...the Beretta Storm.

The PC carbine is one I am really satisfied with.   I owned the original PC9 and found it lacking in several areas, like trigger, sights, and magazine (only took Ruger mags), so I sold it after a few years.

They really put on their thinking caps with this one.   The takedown feature is extremely convenient, the trigger is superb out of the box, the use of 10/22 fire control was genius, the integrated optic rail and user-configurable mag well are welcome innovations.   Ambi mag catch and ambi charging handle too, plus threaded and fluted barrel.

It also feels very solid and beefy compared to something like the Keltec Sub-2000, which feels like a Nerf gun by comparison and is far behind the Ruger on usability features.   Some complain about the heavy Ruger stock but I see Magpul is now getting into the game, and more stocks and forearm choices are proliferating.

• Like 1

I have the version you are asking about. Love it. I installed a Sig Romeo 5 red dot and really like the setup. Easy to use the red dot or the iron sights that come on it. Very accurate and fun to shoot. I'm using several Magpul Glock compatible magazines without a glitch.

• Like 1

I want to like these. But I just can’t get into the whole “pistol round in a rifle” mindset. If I have something as big as a rifle for a “vehicle” gun; I want it to be in a rifle caliber. I already have .22 rifles for plinking. But as long as you guys enjoy shooting them; that’s all that counts.

• Like 2