The troubling case of Roosevelt Twyne

Idiot cops, idiot laws in an idiot state. :mad:  I find this to be outrageous, yet it doesn't surprise me at all. 

I believe that the charges will get dropped once the DA realizes how bad these cops screwed up and the public outcry it's caused.  I also predict that Mr. Twyne will soon be coming into a very large settlement.  ;)

I read about this this morning, shame. There are story's about how NJ LEO will run an out of state plate, find that the owner has a carry permit from their home state, pull the car over and demand to see the firearm. The stop goes down hill from there, man put into the LOE car, wife pestered. NJ, arm pit of America! Yes I can say that, used to live there as a late teen.

If the ammo is legal for him to have and it is legal for him to transport the gun; charges won’t be filed. Based on what the attorney is saying the guy has been arrested; not charged.

File a civil rights violation against the Officers. Will it stick? Probably not without being able to show the intent of making a false arrest. But the victim will get a payday, and his lawyer will get a bigger payday.

I like Colion Noir and enjoy his video. But his race tirade on this video makes him appear as stupid as the stupid people he is ranting about.

Go put some money in this guy go fund me account if you want to help.

• Moderators

Thankfully, prosecutors did the right thing and dropped the case. 

It seems that there were some gotcha style issues with his permits, not surprising considering it’s New Jersey. I have to believe that the public notoriety and pressure went a long way towards attaining the outcome.   

https://www.newsweek.com/roosevelt-twyne-new-jersey-gun-laws-1491859

Edited by Chucktshoes

A gentleman I know deals heavily in used reloading components, dies & presses/machines.

He was driving through NJ & was stopped for a traffic violation. His car was searched & he was arrested & spent the night in jail for having 2 boxes of .38 hollow point bullets, not loaded rounds, 2 boxes of HP bullets for reloading.

Stay away from NJ.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

I have to believe that the public notoriety and pressure went a long way towards attaining the outcome.   

I do to. Because from reading that story, it sounds to me like he was violating the court order, establishing his permit. Although that isn’t clear.

NJ population is more than TN, but they have 600 permits. :) They are #1 in population density, and #11 in population.

• Like 1