SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

So, let’s say we are able to flatten the curve somewhat. How long before the American population gets restless and begins to question the need to remain semi shutdown? We, the people, have never been known to have a very long attention span.

• Administrator
59 minutes ago, Moped said:

So, let’s say we are able to flatten the curve somewhat. How long before the American population gets restless and begins to question the need to remain semi shutdown? We, the people, have never been known to have a very long attention span.

It's probably reasonable to assume that plans are being made to make the shutdown less of an option and more of a mandatory thing.  I have no intel on this but common sense essentially dictates it.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

I know no one shops there, but I saw Dicks is closing all locations until April 2. If others follow, that could be a biiiig deal

I hope all of Dicks stores shut down for longer than that.

This isn't what you meant though, is it?  :)

• Like 1
6 hours ago, TGO David said:

I hope all of Dicks stores shut down for longer than that.

This isn't what you meant though, is it?  :)

Well, unfortunately I have to get the insoles my son needs for soccer cleats there. Other than that I skip them. I would order them online, but we seem to always need them "today".

Looks like other stores doing the same . I saw Belk.

Simon Property Group closing their malls for 10 days. These in Tennessee
Lebanon Outlet Marketplace
Opry Mills
West Town Mall
Wolfchase Galleria

It is getting real for lots of people. 

4 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

Well, unfortunately I have to get the insoles my son needs for soccer cleats there. Other than that I skip them. I would order them online, but we seem to always need them "today".

Looks like other stores doing the same . I saw Belk.

Simon Property Group closing their malls for 10 days. These in Tennessee
Lebanon Outlet Marketplace
Opry Mills
West Town Mall
Wolfchase Galleria

It is getting real for lots of people. 

I thought Lebanon Outlet Marketplace was already shut down. :shrug: 

One thing we all might do in the present is to "check our anxiety."   Our emotions remain in check by balancing our logic and emotions.  When any type of situation that is anxiety producing occurs, we throw logic out the window and emotion takes over.  As a result, we lose all sense of reason and emotion leads to extreme "What if . . ." thinking.   At its height "What if . . . " thinking most always spins so far out of control that we lose all reason.  As a result, the anxiety worsens.

Living in the moment is the antidote.  When we are tempted to worry about things we cannot control - which only increases "What if" thinking, notice that trigger and focus on what we CAN control.  Living in the past is depression.  Living in the future is anxiety.  Thus, in these uncertain moments the more we can catch our anxiety early, balance our emotion with logic, and focus on what we can control rather than what we cannot, we all just might make it through this together.

Sending good thoughts and prayers to all.

• Like 7
  • Admin Team

I'm fortunate to work a job that allows me to work from anywhere. Right now - the whole economy seems to have ground to a halt - and everyone seems to be finding their footing.

I'm sure this might change in the weeks ahead, but right now I'm thankful that I've been able to take walks with each of my kids and my wife each day.

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Luckyforward said:

Insurance companies do not pay for telehealth mental health sessions, and it took until early this week for them to rescind that policy.  I'm transitioning all my patients to a HIPAA compliant platform where we can see and talk with each other in safety.

There is a HIPAA waiver in place to get folks telehealth resources if you haven't seen it.  You should see how much of it can be applicable to your practice.

Under this Notice, covered health care providers may use popular applications that allow for video chats, including Apple FaceTime, Facebook Messenger video chat, Google Hangouts video, or Skype, to provide telehealth without risk that OCR might seek to impose a penalty for noncompliance with the HIPAA Rules related to the good faith provision of telehealth during the COVID-19 nationwide public health emergency.  Providers are encouraged to notify patients that these third-party applications potentially introduce privacy risks, and providers should enable all available encryption and privacy modes when using such applications. 

Under this Notice, however, Facebook Live, Twitch, TikTok, and similar video communication applications are public facing, and should not be used in the provision of telehealth by covered health care providers.

https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/special-topics/emergency-preparedness/notification-enforcement-discretion-telehealth/index.html

Edited by btq96r

I WFH normally, but due to this virus my wife and daughter are also working from home sharing a sorry-assed cellular ISP connection. We have 5 adults, 2 teenagers, and an adolescent in the house since school is shut down.

I may not make it through this virus even if I don't get it. :wall:

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
10 minutes ago, Dirtshooter said:

Hey E-4 if you will provide your own T.P. we have a nice new fiber optic with 25.8 mbps download and 2.3 mbps upload. I totally feel for you, in the past we had to do cellular. But based on where you live it is amazing you have electricity!! LOL

I actually ordered a bidet because the stores are out of TP.

14 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

Man I remember looking through those. You could buy anything.

My best friend’s mom had a VW Beetle and we had all the parts picked out to make it a dune buggie. 

My wife’s grandmother lived in a house that came from Sears in kit form. It was shipped to Hartsville via train.

• Like 1