SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Fourtyfive said:

My wife works at Vandy, had last week off. Has to go back to work Tuesday, scary. Her mom lives with us and I take care of my mom up the road. 

Mine does too. She is working overtime, covering for the Phillipinos they employed to take her place. Turns out they are all quarantined and cannot work.

My BIL was in a panic and needed a gun. I told him I have one you can use or buy, your choice. He stays at my house and takes care of my dog when I travel. So, it was priced really cheap, and he said he wanted to buy it.

He has been out going to restaurants, bars, etc. So, my wife, his sister, said he can’t come in the house. I gave him the gun at the back fence, and he dropped the money in a plastic shopping bag I had. I told the wife the money was in a bag in the entryway, just let it lay there for a couple of days. When I got up today, my wife had laundered the money (that’s right laundered), used hand sanitizer on it, and dried it.

So if you need any money laundered; my wife is working from home.

I just thought I would share that story, that I thought was humorous. :wave:

• Like 3
  • Haha 13
40 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Governor Como of NY just said that masks they were paying .85 for, they are now paying over $7 for due to competing with other states. I thought Trump and Pence went to 3M and they were “On Board” and ready to help?? :confused:

I’d be curious to know if the manufacturer or the supplier is price gouging and how they are getting away with it. Or if Como is just lying.

He is asking that Medical Supply acquisition be federalized. I don’t see where that is necessary to fix the price?? He is also asking that the Army Corp of Engineers build five hospitals in NY. He is asking the President to cut through the red tape. Imagine him asking that.

Como has delusions of grandeur. He wants to be President so bad he can taste it. It's evident in his multi-times daily updates and his attitude in general. He believes this current disaster will place him in the public eye as a take-charge guy, a man in control, and able to get things done quickly to save us all. And looks like that is happening.

He (and if I make throw out my on ideas) and others are positioning Como to come in and replace Biden. To rally and save the Democrats at the convention.

A young, strong, democrat leader. One able to step up and take weak, old Uncle Joe's place and lead us all to greatness again. 

Edited by hipower
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, jgradyc said:

Sorry to hear this. I hope she's fine today. It's probably just the flu, but you should take comfort in the reports that Covid 19 appears to cause only mild problems for those under age 20 and almost no problems for under age 10.

She's doing great now.  Driving us all crazy.  :)

Image result for quarantine meme the shining

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Administrator
19 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Mine does too. She is working overtime, covering for the Phillipinos they employed to take her place. 

I really hope that practice comes to an end.  It would be great if this event causes a seismic shift in our policy about sending a lot of different sectors of business overseas.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Moderators
1 minute ago, TGO David said:

I really hope that practice comes to an end.  It would be great if this event causes a seismic shift in our policy about sending a lot of different sectors of business overseas.

This is the big thing that’s sticking in my head. There are a lot of economic problems we are going to be facing On the back end of this because we don’t have control over our supply chains and logistics. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

This is the big thing that’s sticking in my head. There are a lot of economic problems we are going to be facing On the back end of this because we don’t have control over our supply chains and logistics. 

We did this to ourselves. But I doubt most of those who supported it will change their minds; hopefully I’m wrong.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, hipower said:

Como has delusions of grandeur. He wants to be President so bad he can taste it. It's evident in his multi-times daily updates and his attitude in general. He believes this current disaster will place him in the public eye as a take-charge guy, a man in control, and able to get things done quickly to save us all. And looks like that is happening.

He (and if I make throw out my on ideas) and others are positioning Como to come in and replace Biden. To rally and save the Democrats at the convention.

A young, strong, democrat leader. One able to step up and take weak, old Uncle Joe's place and lead us all to greatness again. 

Wow! I had not thought of that. Cuomo would be WAY better as a candidate than Joe Biden! His television presence is lot better than Biden, Trump, Sanders, Fauci, or anyone else that I have heard recently on national media. 

I just looked. There's a #CuomoforPresident on twitter.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jgradyc said:

I also dislike his CYA responses about "unprecedented" blah blah blah. You're the CDC. You have one job. You blew it and now you're playing catch up as best you can. We get it. Just be up front with us. Even now, the CDC responses seem to be walking the line with the reality of this situation.  

And who do you think is telling the CDC what to say? I have just about zero faith in our government's ability to fight a pandemic but let's not pretend they aren't being told what to say at times.

Hell, as recently as March 7th Trump was telling us there was nothing to worry about. And since then he's struggled to send a consistent message, often contradicting himself in the same press conference multiple times. He keeps saying "no one ever envisioned this scenario". Really? Pandemics are not exactly a new problem. 

I wish they would just have Pence handle these going forward. Even when he's coddling Trump's orange balls he at least sounds intelligent and sends a decent message out. Trump attacking the reporter for asking a reasonable question last week made him terrible. He's got to dig deep and find a way to be a leader, not an asshole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

And who do you think is telling the CDC what to say? I have just about zero faith in our government's ability to fight a pandemic but let's not pretend they aren't being told what to say at times.

Hell, as recently as March 7th Trump was telling us there was nothing to worry about. And since then he's struggled to send a consistent message, often contradicting himself in the same press conference multiple times. He keeps saying "no one ever envisioned this scenario". Really? Pandemics are not exactly a new problem. 

I wish they would just have Pence handle these going forward. Even when he's coddling Trump's orange balls he at least sounds intelligent and sends a decent message out. Trump attacking the reporter for asking a reasonable question last week made him terrible. He's got to dig deep and find a way to be a leader, not an asshole.

When they have idiots grandstanding like that reporter or the one whining about “Chinese virus”; they should be kicked out of there and some with new blood that have reasonable questions we care about, allowed in.

The azzhat worded the question so there was no way Trump could addresses it without acknowledging there are people that don’t trust him. We all know that there are people that do not like, or trust Trump. Anyone who’s IQ is higher than their age won’t be needing to hear a discussion of that in a press conference. I would have fired my reporters if they pulled a stunt like that.

Pence was doing an okay job, but Trump was being criticized for not being out there. So now he’s out there.

You don’t trust the government. We all know that. But this discussion isn’t about your hatred for Trump.

Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 6
11 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

The azzhat worded the question so there was no way Trump could addresses it without acknowledging there are people that don’t trust him.

That's a damn lie. It was a reasonable question and Trump looked like a weak narcissist as a result.  Pence answered it like a leader is supposed to.

And I would guess the majority of this forum doesn't trust the governemnt. You realize I'm not the only person to criticize Trump in this thread, including the owner of the site? It seems you just like to argue with me and you don't have the balls to call out anyone else on here. I go out of my way to not engage with you. I wish you'd do the same. 

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator

The only thing more hyperbolic than Cuomo's praise for Trump this past week has been Trump's praise for Cuomo  praising  Trump.  The daily White House briefings have been pretty interesting.

If only Trump would stop using Wall Street as his personal report card, stop mentioning the Market, and start holding his press briefings after the Market closes.  Every time the guy talks on camera during trading hours, the market reacts.  Mostly negatively.

I don't see a better alternative to Trump for 2020's elections, so the guy better start figuring out a new sales pitch.  Because hitching his PR game to the whims of Wall Street while fair-weather investors are skittish sure doesn't seem like a winning strategy.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, TGO David said:

The only thing more hyperbolic than Cuomo's praise for Trump this past week has been Trump's praise for Cuomo  praising  Trump.  The daily White House briefings have been pretty interesting.

If only Trump would stop using Wall Street as his personal report card, stop mentioning the Market, and start holding his press briefings after the Market closes.  Every time the guy talks on camera during trading hours, the market reacts.  Mostly negatively.

I don't see a better alternative to Trump for 2020's elections, so the guy better start figuring out a new sales pitch.  Because hitching his PR game to the whims of Wall Street while fair-weather investors are skittish sure doesn't seem like a winning strategy.

Damn! I just hate it when we seem to think alike!

I watch the index numbers on all the speeches, and have seen the same thing happen. He speaks and index will drop 5 points or so immediately. A pause and it stabilizes, even rises. Continues this all thru the talking.

I like President Trump, I don't think he's all he thinks he is, nor do I think he's Satan incarnate.

But I agree with you on this point. For the sake of the country and the people watching the market numbers, please decrease the numbers of press conferences and at least better timing.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Just now, GlockSpock said:

No worries, everyone. Trump will save us. He is the most smart president ever. He has this under control. Fake news that it is bad. Fake news. 

You know, the coach doesn't win ball games.  The coach manages the show and puts the right players in at the right time, and pulls out the players who aren't needed, aren't performing, or aren't right for the scenario.

What Trump has been pretty good at so far is assembling good teams of experts to address situations.  What people aren't comfortable with, as relates to the government, is seeing a President treat those teams the way smart business leaders treat appointments to teams in companies.   Namely, as pieces to be used, moved, removed and replaced as needed to accomplish the goal.

We're so used to appointments to public office as being damn near eternal that it freaks us out when Trump fires an appointee and then replaces them with someone else.

I love it, to be honest.  Imagine how much better life would be in our country if politicians weren't practically elected until death do us part.  It would almost be a return to the Founding Fathers' intent of there not being career politicians.

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, hipower said:

Damn! I just hate it when we seem to think alike!

I watch the index numbers on all the speeches, and have seen the same thing happen. He speaks and index will drop 5 points or so immediately. A pause and it stabilizes, even rises. Continues this all thru the talking.

I like President Trump, I don't think he's all he thinks he is, nor do I think he's Satan incarnate.

But I agree with you on this point. For the sake of the country and the people watching the market numbers, please decrease the numbers of press conferences and at least better timing.

The economy can’t last until august; no matter who does the press conferences. They need to go to plan B.

However, if Trump wasn’t in there it probably would have crashed already. It’s not right to blame him for small market fluctuations; they are going to happen. (During or after press conferences) No one was complaining when the markets were soaring and setting record results; due to Trumps announcements.

The biggest problem I see is; why are all those people up there? All the medical experts are all saying the same thing. So we only need one. Based on the agency names, I would say we only need to be hearing from the CDC on the virus.

As I said; he’s out there because he was being criticized for not being out there, implying he was not taking this seriously.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
13 minutes ago, Snaveba said:

Trump is no coach. A coach is not worried about  how he looks. A coach is concerned with making sure his team is ready for the game. That is his job. 

Fair point. Coach was an easy albeit perhaps flawed analogy. CEO would probably have been a better term and equally applicable to the comparison I was drawing. 

As an aside, I think you simply must have a huge (yuuuuge) ego you be in politics at that level in the modern era anyway. His predecessors just hid it better.  Perhaps sociopathically better. Gone are the days of “I regret that I have but one life to give for my country” statesmanship. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, TGO David said:

As an aside, I think you simply must have a huge (yuuuuge) ego you be in politics at that level in the modern era anyway. His predecessors just hid it better.  Perhaps sociopathically better. Gone are the days of “I regret that I have but one life to give for my country” statesmanship. 

And...I don’t think someone that is 100% honest all the time could be elected, or reelected.

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Well, Lee has just banned gathering of more than 10 people. I'm curious to see which jobs are considered essential. I'm supposed to start my new job tomorrow 😬

http://onthehill.tnjournal.net/lee-orders-statewide-ban-gatherings-of-more-than-10-and-on-dine-in-restaurants-bars/

This article is misleading. It says you should not go to work unless it's considered essential business but everything I'm reading indicates that he's only closing bars and restaurants. He hasn't said we cannot go to work. 

image.png.d3b16b8cdf4e7e806827a9ae88fe871c.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

That's a damn lie. It was a reasonable question and Trump looked like a weak narcissist as a result. 

Post the whole conversation.  The reporter first mentioned Trump’s “impulse to put a positive spin on things.”  This is what set Trump off. 

• Like 1