SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

6 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Democrats blocked a $2 trillion coronavirus rescue bill for the second day in a row today. The vote was 49-46, 60 votes are required to advance the legislation for a final debate.

6 hours ago, E4 No More said:

Because that's the way to win votes this November!

6 hours ago, DaveTN said:

I don’t think so.

But of course, I could be wrong, I have no idea how a democrats mind works. ;)

Here's the reason.  🤬🤬🤬

https://news.yahoo.com/dem-rep-told-colleagues-coronavirus-145245071.html

My wife of 31 years and I are now retired. We have done well with investing. And some blessings too. We have had several investment guys. The first one talked me out of Apple at $7. I never got over that, but another guy talked me out of selling at near bottom in 2008 so I guess it evens out. I hope this economy recovers cause I ain’t going back to a job 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

The Lt Gov of Texas says older people might be willing to die if it means saving the economy..

And Trump is still struggling to make up his mind. Now he's saying he's going to "reopen" the country soon to save the economy. A week ago this was going to last until August. I'm starting to understand why they call him Donnie Pump.

Continuing to try and compare us to Italy is a mistake. No matter what expert weighs in on it the culture there and in China is not the same as the US in terms of affection. Having used that as a template for what we are in store for in terms of infection I feel was misleading. Of course I could be wrong and 1 million of us die as they keep hammering that on the news.

My point is first he wasnt taking it very serious, then we've went to full SHTF mode, and I'm guessing someone inside his circle is realizing just by the numbers that maybe just MAYBE if we give it 2 weeks and try to start back to work we can have the worst pass us. Also my opinion is the elderly are being used as the pawn "children" in this game. I heard this morning from a reporter somewhere in CA there was a game of pickup basketball filmed from a passing news chopper. To which the reporter said, do they not realize what that can do to the elderly? Lmao. What ?  

7 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

Were you considered Essential or non Essential@Erik88after yesterday's announcement for Knox county ?

I'm considered essential. I got 1 day of HR orientation. They gave me a laptop and sent me home after saying they would "train me the best they can"... And I can't even log into the laptop they gave me. At least I'm getting paid though. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
33 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I'm considered essential. I got 1 day of HR orientation. They gave me a laptop and sent me home after saying they would "train me the best they can"... And I can't even log into the laptop they gave me. At least I'm getting paid though. 

Sounds like you work where I do.

41 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

My employer knee-jerk ordered 30 new laptops to get people working at home apparently right after everyone else ordered laptops. We are still waiting. I am guessing by the time we get them, we will not need them. In the mean time, we are moving people between buildings to split departments so no one department can go down. Being a financial institution, if we close it has gotten hip deep in spinning chunks. 

Yet I am still working from the office even though I have a laptop to use (and can do most of my job remote) and I am in several categories of high risk. Especially since I only have 1 and 2/3 lungs...

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Grand Torino said:

We finally got good news today. The missus tested negative for CV. She still has has that pesky mid range fever that comes and goes though. The doctor prescribed a ZPAK and something else that I picked up this morning. She already says she is feeling better.

That’s great to hear. Praying that she continues to mend. 

• Like 4
  • Admin Team
29 minutes ago, Grand Torino said:

We finally got good news today. The missus tested negative for CV. She still has has that pesky mid range fever that comes and goes though. The doctor prescribed a ZPAK and something else that I picked up this morning. She already says she is feeling better.

Oh man, that’s great to hear!

• Like 1
  • Moderators
32 minutes ago, Grand Torino said:

Great news GT!

• Like 1
  • Administrator
3 hours ago, Grand Torino said:

Awesome!!!

will ferrell yes GIF

• Like 2
9 hours ago, AuEagle said:

It’s legal for a Doctor to prescribe those drugs for “off Label” use. I would guess the Governor is putting his state at great liability, and residents at risk with that order. Like so many other things, this should be between a Doctor and patient, the state should not be involved.

• Like 4

The Gateway Pundit is crowing they said it first, CV is less deadly than initially reported.

Go eff yourselves, saying less folks dying is a good thing is perverse.

While the averages reveal older, at risk, and 1 - 5 underlying medical issues are more likely to die, I read one report where a 20 something with no other known health issues died in her apartment.

It is at least as deadly as complications from traditional flu and is nasty in that it can survive in the environment for 30 minutes to 3 hours or more, or less...

I did have a buddy mention he felt the rapid spread was due to the routine exchange of paper money. Makes me wonder how long a robust virus like this could live on a reasonably protected peice of linen.

With allergy season upon us, I'm scared to safely clear my throat or cough in the office.

Edited by A.J. Holst