SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

6 hours ago, E4 No More said:

No, like identity thieves.

Identity theft through medical records is big business.

Don't click links from unknown or questionable sources, hover over hyper links to see if they match the visual title, what time, was if expected, howis the grammer and speling.

16 minutes ago, Refleks said:

https://twitter.com/...197218941468673

Now recommends people wear masks,  turns out this stuff can be spread pre-symptomatically.

Gee.

6 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Let me get my shocked face ready...

I really hope that not many people fell for his claims to the contrary up to this point.

Whose claims? Did someone claim that people that were asymptomatic couldn’t spread the virus? :confused:

• Administrator

Basic tactical fact:  The time to hit your enemy is when he is weakest, stretched the most thin, and most distracted by other problems.

With that said, what are some reasons why China would be hastily procuring petroleum so quickly after barely scraping through the COVID-19 pandemic?  Some of the corpses that resulted from it over there have barely had time to get to room temperature, and this is now a top priority for their government.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-02/china-to-start-buying-oil-for-state-reserves-after-price-crash

I said it earlier in this thread that China was going to emerge from the virus panemic ahead of the rest of the world and try to capitalize on that fact.  The virus may have had a natural origin at its very genesis, and there's no real telling how it crossed from bats to people without diving into conspiracy theories, but these stories aren't theoretical:

China seizes Covid-19 advantage in South China Sea
https://asiatimes.com/2020/04/china-seizes-covid-19-advantage-in-south-china-sea/

Chinese air force’s drill ‘aimed at signalling deterrent around Taiwan’
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/military/article/3077997/chinese-air-forces-drill-aimed-signalling-deterrent-around

Military Activity and Political Signaling in the Taiwan Strait in Early 2020
https://jamestown.org/program/military-activity-and-political-signaling-in-the-taiwan-strait-in-early-2020/

China might not outright attack the US (because drug dealers know its not wise to kill your best customer), but they might take this opportunity to wage a hostile takeover of a small strategic island country and dare the world to do anything about it.

Y'all are well stocked on iPhones, cheap TVs and a lot of XM85 ammo, right?

• Like 1
  • Administrator
13 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Whose claims? Did someone claim that people that were asymptomatic couldn’t spread the virus? :confused:

Oh, let's pretend like you don't have a clue what I'm talking about!  That'll be fun!

clueless movie whatever GIF

The Surgeon General has been downplaying the need for the public to wear masks for weeks.  Then he pivoted and said we were all too dumb to know how to properly fit them to our faces, so we should just not compete against the healthcare industry as private buyers... but wrapping our faces with bandanas was a good alternate.

It's amazing the number of clothing companies that rushed to produce bandanas for the medical industry over the past three weeks!  Haven't you seen it happening?  Everyone knows how effective they are!

• Like 2
  • Administrator
7 minutes ago, Garufa said:

All this talk about masks.

Where exactly, is one supposed to get a mask?  

Make one!

• Step One... get a box.
  • Step Two... cut a hole in the box.
  • Step Three... put your ju

Wait wait wait... wrong occasion. 😡

• Step One... get a paper bag.

brown%20bag_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

no info on masks but I did hear on the local TV station (Jackson) that TWRA has closed all public boat ramps. This did not make a lot of sense to me.

Of course,  this station is not known for their reporting accuracy .

3 minutes ago, Miltech said:

no info on masks but I did hear on the local TV station (Jackson) that TWRA has closed all public boat ramps. This did not make a lot of sense to me.

All state parks are closed as well as of tomorrow.

31 minutes ago, Miltech said:

Is anyone here able to confirm or refute this?

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Is anyone here able to confirm or refute this?

There was an April fool's report stating ramps were closed and all boating suspended.  Fake. According to the TWRA app just now all ramps are open.

• Haha 1
  • Moderators

This was posted earlier today by a friend in a boating Facebook group I am in. People need to be smart (I know, that means we are screwed).

Just thought I would give everyone a heads up that’s hitting the lakes right now  I just left the canal and spoke with Officer from TVA as I was leaving and they are definitely watching the ramp and bigger ramps to make sure people are doing things safe and how they have been advised to (and he never came right out and said he was there watching and counting people etc. but was kinda obvious where I was standing what was going on) there was about 4 boats all at the dock where they had just put in and 5 or 6 all standing on docks taking as they were entering there boats and he said that right there is what’s gonna get ramps closed if they aren’t careful so they are watching , even if agencies are telling you to get out and enjoy the waters they also want you taking precautions and not group up they don’t wanna see people standing around talking they want you to put your boat in when coast is clear and get in your boat and leave and if someone is on ramp when u get back stay away till they leave then go get your vehicle and load and not be out congregating and yes he stopped and talked to me but I was in back corner of the parking lot alone and he was well over 10feet awAy and never got out of his vehicle just little heads up guys and please don’t test  them or push them till they shut it down completely like some other states have already done they really do want everyone to get out and  enjoy the water but they want them doing it the right way during all this mess. be safe !

2 hours ago, TGO David said:

Basic tactical fact:  The time to hit your enemy is when he is weakest, stretched the most thin, and most distracted by other problems.

With that said, what are some reasons why China would be hastily procuring petroleum so quickly after barely scraping through the COVID-19 pandemic?  Some of the corpses that resulted from it over there have barely had time to get to room temperature, and this is now a top priority for their government.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-02/china-to-start-buying-oil-for-state-reserves-after-price-crash

I said it earlier in this thread that China was going to emerge from the virus panemic ahead of the rest of the world and try to capitalize on that fact.  The virus may have had a natural origin at its very genesis, and there's no real telling how it crossed from bats to people without diving into conspiracy theories, but these stories aren't theoretical:

China seizes Covid-19 advantage in South China Sea
https://asiatimes.com/2020/04/china-seizes-covid-19-advantage-in-south-china-sea/

Chinese air force’s drill ‘aimed at signalling deterrent around Taiwan’
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/military/article/3077997/chinese-air-forces-drill-aimed-signalling-deterrent-around

Military Activity and Political Signaling in the Taiwan Strait in Early 2020
https://jamestown.org/program/military-activity-and-political-signaling-in-the-taiwan-strait-in-early-2020/

China might not outright attack the US (because drug dealers know its not wise to kill your best customer), but they might take this opportunity to wage a hostile takeover of a small strategic island country and dare the world to do anything about it.

Y'all are well stocked on iPhones, cheap TVs and a lot of XM85 ammo, right?

While this may be a little tin foil hat of me, what I have been worried about for years are the bridges across the Mississippi River.

Edited by superduty