SARS-2-CoV (COVID-19)

15 minutes ago, Garufa said:

It just dawned on me the tremendous economic impact this situation is going to have on local and state governments that rely heavily on sales tax revenue.  No business, no sales tax revenue.  Less travel, less gas tax revenue, etc., etc.

I don't think any of us realize how economically devastated many are going to be after this all rinses out.

Edited by AuEagle
  • Like 7
13 minutes ago, AuEagle said:

I don't think any of us realize how economically devastated many are going to be after this all rinses out.

I am not of the tin foil hat brigade but...things are going to be different from now on and I’m not talking socially.

• Like 8
24 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

If I did have a tin foil hat I would wonder why the snack cake maker across from my office all of a sidden put up a chain link fence right before this got into full swing and had a uniformed masked guard out front this morning.....

You just don't understand the national security implications of the snack cake industry.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
52 minutes ago, Raoul said:

You just don't understand the national security implications of the snack cake industry.

I just put Little Debbie Swiss Rolls on the list for our planned venture to the store in the morning, assuming the old folks don’t clean the place out.

9 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I just put Little Debbie Swiss Rolls on the list for our planned venture to the store in the morning, assuming the old folks don’t clean the place out.

Just remember..you have to smoke them and not eat them...... 😄

spacer.png

If the Fed is doing the things described in the article below, and running up their balance sheet into the ionosphere as shown above, they're worried to a degree that means we're still in danger of a big time economic crash.  We should also be ready to consider we won't just bounce back like some think, but instead could have a long hard slug upcoming.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sarahhansen/2020/04/09/the-fed-will-pump-another-23-trillion-into-the-economy/#2ecc84db2f28

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

Honestly, when it comes to AOC and others like her, I find that it's best just to ignore her. This air time is exactly what she wants and it's the opposite of what she deserves. She exists solely to stir the pot and make conservatives get worked up. I typically just read her comments with a shake of the head and move on. 

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Honestly, when it comes to AOC and others like her, I find that it's best just to ignore her. This air time is exactly what she wants and it's the opposite of what she deserves. She exists solely to stir the pot and make conservatives get worked up. I typically just read her comments with a shake of the head and move on. 

I read that crap a few days ago and take what she says the very same way.

I say we start calling them what thy are, PINKO COMMIES!!!

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I agree shes like a whiny brat that needs to be ignored however, if not for skelewhore Pelosi we'd be hearing a lot more from her and "the squad". I feel certain shes pulled the youngster into a corner of the house and threatened her with harm is she didn't shut her hole while she attended to more important matters. Besides that I see AOC as that loud obnoxious drunk biotch at the party that won't STFU until someone takes one for the team and takes her home 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

I hope they keep a camera and microphone in front of her face until November.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

She isn’t the only one. Trump said this appears to be three or four times higher in black communities, and he wants to find out why. Of course, I don’t think they know that. It could be more non-sense he heard someone say and repeated it. At this point its purely politicians pandering for votes. Cuomo said he is going to start an investigation and send crews out to do more testing in minority communities. Of course, you will get higher results in minority communities if you specifically focus testing there. What a bunch of azzhats.

13 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

She isn’t the only one. Trump said this appears to be three or four times higher in black communities, and he wants to find out why. Of course, I don’t think they know that. It could be more non-sense he heard someone say and repeated it. At this point its purely politicians pandering for votes. Cuomo said he is going to start an investigation and send crews out to do more testing in minority communities. Of course, you will get higher results in minority communities if you specifically focus testing there. What a bunch of azzhats.

I've heard doctors say it's hitting the blacks harder. They said that it might be due to a higher incidence of heart disease and diabetes in the black community.

1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

It works the same as the polls conducted.  You can obtain the desired result if you carefully choose where or whom is polled.

1 hour ago, E4 No More said:

I've heard doctors say it's hitting the blacks harder. They said that it might be due to a higher incidence of heart disease and diabetes in the black community.

I see a large number segment of the community wearing face masks improperly or not at all.  A face mask doesn't provide much protection when it's doesn't cover the nose, only covering the mouth and chin.  I actually saw face masks worn in this manner inside a hospital several times this week.

Edited by tnhawk
  • Administrator
5 hours ago, Erik88 said:

If you ignore people like her, they influence policy behind the scenes or outright get new laws passed.  Never ignore them.  NEVER.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, tnhawk said:

It works the same as the polls conducted.  You can obtain the desired result if you carefully choose where or whom is polled.

Exactly, and that was my point about Cuomo. if he moves all the testing into minority neighborhoods he will absolutely get the results he wants. This is ignorant.

• Like 1

The really annoying thing about AOC is she as often as not identifies a real problem.  It's the solutions she proposes that go off the rails.

Of course minorities are at higher risk and infection rates for COVID-19.  As a demographic, they're more likely to be in jobs that can't be done from home which increases their exposure to the virus.  They also as a group have lesser health overall from lack of access to quality healthcare because they may or may not have benefits; often having to defer medical treatment that isn't an emergency anyway because of cost whether even when they have insurance.

I'm not trying to start a big thing, but I think we can all realize that by whatever reasons, minorities are at greater risk, and not belittle that fact, even if it came from an imperfect messenger.

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, btq96r said:

The really annoying thing about AOC is she as often as not identifies a real problem.  It's the solutions she proposes that go off the rails.

Of course minorities are at higher risk and infection rates for COVID-19.  As a demographic, they're more likely to be in jobs that can't be done from home which increases their exposure to the virus.  They also as a group have lesser health overall from lack of access to quality healthcare because they may or may not have benefits; often having to defer medical treatment that isn't an emergency anyway because of cost whether even when they have insurance.

I'm not trying to start a big thing, but I think we can all realize that by whatever reasons, minorities are at greater risk, and not belittle that fact, even if it came from an imperfect messenger.

No, what we can realize is that poor people might be at greater risk. Now if you want to make an argument that more poor people are minorities, for whatever reason you decide to go with; okay.

But the whole country is already getting reparations for Coronavirus. Is she saying minorities should get more reparations than the rest of us simply because there are more minorities that have the virus? Or that black families that are unaffected should get more money than white families that have had a member die from the virus?

I hate racism. Black racism is just as bad as white racism.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, E4 No More said:

It certainly wouldn’t have anything to do with them stacked up in human warehouses called housing projects.:confused:

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, E4 No More said:

Bingo.   Has nothing to do with the pigment of your skin...

7 hours ago, TGO David said:

If you ignore people like her, they influence policy behind the scenes or outright get new laws passed.  Never ignore them.  NEVER.

Bingo. Take ol "black face" Northam and the 5 laws he just signed in for instance. If you become complacent that's when they blindside you. 

• Like 2